Transcend 32gb class 10 won't work.

It just came in today, and I tried to use it in my t3i, and it wouldn't read. I tried formatting the card in the camera, and it wouldn't format. Then I tried formatting it on a canon point and shoot, and formatted fine. Then i tried reading/formatting on my t3i again, and still no go.

I tried to format it on my pc, and with a little stress, i'm in the process of doing a full format. however, i'm a bit cynical in the outcome of this attempt to get it to work.

does anybody know what's wrong here????

yeah, when i put it in it says "card cannot be accessed. reinsert/ change card or format card with camera."

then when i try to format the card in the camera: "cannot format. change card."

then if i try a low-level format: error 70- shooting is not possible due to an error. turn the camera off and on again or reinstall the battery".

i spent 50 bucks online for this thing, so i'm frustrated as can be.

Quite often cards larger than 8 GB do not work well with real-time recording units (digital audio recorders, camcorders, etc.). Then, of course, there are just quirky situations where some units are incompatible for no apparent reason.

yup, tried the quick format, and the regular format. neither of them would work. it's strange, because i had a pny 16gb class 10, and it worked just fine. it must be an incompatibility fluke.

What are you formatting it to ??? I use Linux and I had some issues going back n forth with my 32gb class 10..I formatted it to Fat32 in linux, then the cam would recognize the card and it would work in my T2i

i paid 820 for mine. i got it off craigslist virtually untouched a few months ago.

I checked out the compatibility website and i couldn't find the t3i on there, only the t2i. do you guys think that may be the issue? I heard that with exception to a couple neat frills, they're essentially the same camera.

yeah, i tried to format it on a PC in FAT32. I'm probably going to try to format it on my mac at home, and if that fails, then I may just send it back.

Back