• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer for my time traveling stoner comedy!!!

Hey guys,
Some of you may remember I was working on this comedy pilot that I wrote well....it's 99% comeplete (just finished cgi and only have post sound doing some of the dinosaur sounds).

Check out the minute long trailer and let me know what you think. We only spent about $1500 on full pilot is about 23 minutes long.

http://vimeo.com/88321386

Last edited:
Heh, saw it on FB earlier today. :)

Trailer's a bit messily chaotic, but from what I saw of the rough-cut you posted maybe a year ago it'll be pretty funny. :cool:

Where does it go first, when it's 100%?

Heh, saw it on FB earlier today. :)

Trailer's a bit messily chaotic, but from what I saw of the rough-cut you posted maybe a year ago it'll be pretty funny. :cool:

Where does it go first, when it's 100%?

That's a good question. I wanted to do festival circuit but I know jack crap about it....outside of signing up on without a box...

Any suggestions? I know some festivals want to "Premiere" it to get in...I'm going to submit as a short.

Sorry... a bit of color tweaking might help sell the shot a bit, but your dinosaur is really not sitting well in the scene, mostly due to color/brightness/contrast differences between the video and the CG.

Its right foot (screen left) in particular is overly bright and the black level may not be matched.
Eggs seem to be missing a bit of shadow as well. (Screenshot from 0:43 attached)

Other than that, it certainly looks entertaining. I think a bit (more?) color grading would go a long way to polishing it up as a whole.

Attachments

• dino.jpg
    dino.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 88
Sorry... a bit of color tweaking might help sell the shot a bit, but your dinosaur is really not sitting well in the scene, mostly due to color/brightness/contrast differences between the video and the CG.

Its right foot (screen left) in particular is overly bright and the black level may not be matched.
Eggs seem to be missing a bit of shadow as well. (Screenshot from 0:43 attached)

Other than that, it certainly looks entertaining. I think a bit (more?) color grading would go a long way to polishing it up as a whole.

gotta be honest...I know jack about color grading but this sounds about right. Unfortunately...funding at this point is limited. It takes so long to render the cg...i'm guessing thats why my director didn't do this. We're all working for free. It would cost me an arm and a leg to get this done, correct?

Image looked a bit flat and muddy. The trailer felt a bit jumbled and all over the place halfway through pacing-wise. The dinosaur looked okay, but needed improvement. But it's not bad. It's better than most of the indie (comedy) trailers I see that come out, so, I look forward to it. Nice work.

gotta be honest...I know jack about color grading but this sounds about right. Unfortunately...funding at this point is limited. It takes so long to render the cg...i'm guessing thats why my director didn't do this. We're all working for free. It would cost me an arm and a leg to get this done, correct?

I guess that depends on whether or not some kind soul was willing to help for credit.. :)

The eggs could also have a better shader. In what program are the effects animated in?

Last edited:
first dino looked good, the second not as much but still equal to some of the cg syfy still airs. What I really want from your trailer is an inkling of the basic story. I couldn't say at all what it's about right now.
Very ambitious, I think comedy is the hardest thing to pull off.

I thought the dinosaurs looked pretty decent, by the low-budget CG standards. You managed to avoid too much of a video game look, which is important.

The trailer is a bit of a mess. I have no idea what the plot is or why the dinosaurs suddenly appear. Also, I think the footage needs a good grade; it looks over-exposed and washed out in quite a few places, but I think it could be tweaked quite easily and will look nice.

Congrats :)

Looks like there are some laugh-worthy moments in there. Trailer was definitely a bit of a headscratcher. :huh: Wouldn't hurt to map things out in broader strokes. I could do with a little more hand holding in terms of leading us through what the story is.

Image could use some contrast mebbe?

All the best with getting it out there to festivals and beyond!

Hell yeah, man! I like this project. I'd enjoy cutting a trailer for you, if you'd like. Fresh eyes is always a good thing, and I seem to be finding a niche specialty in doing that. Regardless, I look forward to seeing the final product.

By the way, I don't think you need to worry about the quality of the CGI. This clearly ain't Jurassic Park. It's a fun, goofy, stoner comedy. Your audience (me) will be perfectly willing to suspend disbelief with amateur CGI (and in that category, it actually looks kinda nice, comparatively speaking).

Hell yeah, man! I like this project. I'd enjoy cutting a trailer for you, if you'd like. Fresh eyes is always a good thing, and I seem to be finding a niche specialty in doing that. Regardless, I look forward to seeing the final product.

By the way, I don't think you need to worry about the quality of the CGI. This clearly ain't Jurassic Park. It's a fun, goofy, stoner comedy. Your audience (me) will be perfectly willing to suspend disbelief with amateur CGI (and in that category, it actually looks kinda nice, comparatively speaking).

Hehe thanks for the comments man! I actually think we'll be cutting a new trailer once we get the post sound compelte (that's all that we have left. We have no dinosaur sounds (stomping, roaring etc). Once that is done and we recut I may hit you up.

Our goal was to make a stoner comedy with ScyFy channel quality special effects. We have one guy doing cgi and there was a good bit of it....and he was also the director so he had his hands very full. What we did was very ambitious for a 2 - 3 man crew (director was also dp, editor, and cgi guy) and like 6 actors.

actors showed their potential.
cameraman had it too.

writer/Director too had their chance to portray.Surely they had ability.
If it's comedy , may be let actors 'pronounce' statement like lines if necessary.

Noisy background music whole through trailer wasn't necessary .

Won't comment on graphics.
wisely good.

Alright guys...we've made a few updates to the trailer....(I believe the director tried to fix some of the color issues and added some dino sounds and a snorting kind of effect.)

Something I didn't realize about vimeo is that you can update a video and not have to change the link so that has stayed the same.

Back