Tips for realistic "tan"?

Let's say you'll be filming a white person. (More specifically... paper white.)

How would you go about giving them a realistic "I-actually-spend-a-lot-of-time-outdoors" look, without going the route of the fake bronze/orange stuff?

True. True.

(Heh!)

Guess I should've mentioned a timeframe. Like... someone who will be filmed within the next couple weeks.

The answer is make up but the real answer is a make up artist.

Hiring any professional make up artist, however experienced, will solve this problem for you. You might be able to get around it by doing that yourself but the results will be hit and miss because there's no foolproof method (that I know of).

If you can't get a makeup artist, you have two options: airbrush makeup or self-tanner. The key to a good self-tan job is two-fold. First you have to exfoliate like freakin' crazy, and then you need to build it up in layers. Don't try to go instantly 4-5 shades darker. Just go 1 or 2 to start and then do it again if it's not dark enough.

Hrm... I may just do a bit of searching for a makeup artist. Sounds like the way to go, and would probably be the safest bet.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Is it someone who can actually tan (some people don't, even spending time in the sun)...?

If so, and you have a couple of weeks, buy them a package at a tanning booth. Probably cost about $40-50 and it will be a more "natural" looking tan than make up or bronzer.

gelder

Ha ha! ;)

Steve: Wouldn't be a bad idea, actually... but they'd rather avoid it.

Feutus: I went ahead and ordered some not-too-tan Dermablend. :)

Back