time to crack some eggs

hey everyone,

just a quick introduction. I'm just your average guy trying to find his way toward ultimately directing my own film. To get there, I'm working on a story, reading scripts to get a feel for where/how things originate, many books on directing and the filmmaking process in general.

Being a someone thats far from social, I feel a bit isolated in my ability to start collaborating. I'm hoping this forum will help me connect with others and get a feel for working on set, on a production.

I think at first I'm interested in volunteering to help others with their production while I get my bearings straight and goals defined.

For what it's worth, I currently work in the VFX industry doing digital fx, focusing primarily on look development and lighting. I've been in VFX for about 8 years now, but it's long overdue I move on to something new.

I'm intersted in tapping deeply into the subconscious, tickling people's emotions. While story is a critical component to achieve that goal, sound and vision... rhythm... are tools I'm very intersted in exploiting to reach the audience. I'm a fan of the beautifully atmospheric cinematography in Ridley Scott's films, the uneasy, tense dreamlike worlds created by Kronenberg...

Perhaps I'm delusional, but I think I may have something worthwhile to contribute to the world of film. Perhaps I'll get there together with some of you.

thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Back