thoughts on my vacation edit

I thought it was actually really good. I want to go to Cuba one day. It's one of three places I am banned as a member of the press. The other two are, all Nevada, LPB North Indian reservations, and Wal-Mart. Cuba is so pretty. One of my friends Dave got into Cuba through Canada and Mexico, he was there for two weeks doing a piece on the fact that American Press are unwelcome. He said, that he said he was a canadian tourist a thousand times. It's honestly scary.

That was nice. A little too long, though, imho.

Btw, i saw a kid pointing a laser pointer at ur camera. If its a dslr ur using, there have been a handful of cases where lasers have killed the sensor inside the bodies. Might want to keep that in mind. Rare cases but it has occurred, so avoiding lasers at shows and such would be a good idea.

That was nice. A little too long, though, imho.

Btw, i saw a kid pointing a laser pointer at ur camera. If its a dslr ur using, there have been a handful of cases where lasers have killed the sensor inside the bodies. Might want to keep that in mind. Rare cases but it has occurred, so avoiding lasers at shows and such would be a good idea.

HAHAH i knew someone here was going to say something about that!!! in the moment i didnt really think about it but afterwards i was like shooot, not a smart move. haha yea i agree, its a tad long, i just had so many clips i wanted to share!

thanks everyone!

HAHAH i knew someone here was going to say something about that!!! in the moment i didnt really think about it but afterwards i was like shooot, not a smart move. haha yea i agree, its a tad long, i just had so many clips i wanted to share!

thanks everyone!

I understand completely. All those shots are personal and dear to you and cutting one or the other out is like choosing between an arm and a leg. That is why an impersonal editor comes in handy, who is not attached to the material and can use the best ones in his opinion to create a little story. I know we're not talking about a professional shoot here and so, by editor, i dont mean a professional one either. Best way to shorten it would be to give the footage to a friend who does his/her own videos (provided u like their work and what they do with their videos) and let them chop it up.

I understand completely. All those shots are personal and dear to you and cutting one or the other out is like choosing between an arm and a leg. That is why an impersonal editor comes in handy, who is not attached to the material and can use the best ones in his opinion to create a little story. I know we're not talking about a professional shoot here and so, by editor, i dont mean a professional one either. Best way to shorten it would be to give the footage to a friend who does his/her own videos (provided u like their work and what they do with their videos) and let them chop it up.

very good idea, thank you

Back