These short films - Where can I watch?

1) Heaven is a Traffic Jam on the 405 (2016)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5095260/

2) Late Afternoon (2017)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7077824/

YouTube has the Heaven is a Traffic Jam on the 405 short film for $9.99. I purchased the entire Oscar Nominated shorts for $7.99 and I cannot pay $9.99 just for one short film. I have Prime and Hulu but not Netflix. Are they in Netflix watch instantly? Any other rental place can I watch these two shorts online?

Thanks.

Usually that money goes straight to the team that made the short. Don't feel bad for paying it if you really want to see it.

When you pay $12 at the theater, the money doesn't go straight to the people who made the film.

Usually that money goes straight to the team that made the short. Don't feel bad for paying it if you really want to see it.

When you pay $12 at the theater, the money doesn't go straight to the people who made the film.

It's preliminary knowledge that $12 at the theater means filmmakers get only a small % of the net.

I watch lot of short films and I cannot pay $10 for each short film just because it is an indie film and it goes straight to filmmakers. As a student, I have limited budget to watch films, that's why I enrolled for Prime and Hulu.

I just want to know if these two short films are in Netflix watch instantly.

It's preliminary knowledge that $12 at the theater means filmmakers get only a small % of the net.

I watch lot of short films and I cannot pay $10 for each short film just because it is an indie film and it goes straight to filmmakers. As a student, I have limited budget to watch films, that's why I enrolled for Prime and Hulu.

I just want to know if these two short films are in Netflix watch instantly.

All good man. Sorry if I'm coming at it from a creator perspective. I get slightly bugged when people want to consume something so bad, but aren't willing to give anything in return to get it. I empathize with the creators of that piece.

Edit: I just realized you are asking others who have Netflix to search for it. I'm slow.

Barring that, why not contact the creator of the films and tell them you are a student wanting to watch their work?

Last edited:
Do you have any amazon digital credits? They give them free to you when you pick slower shipping options. I looked and for me that video is HD $0.

All good man. Sorry if I'm coming at it from a creator perspective. I get slightly bugged when people want to consume something so bad, but aren't willing to give anything in return to get it. I empathize with the creators of that piece.

Edit: I just realized you are asking others who have Netflix to search for it. I'm slow.

Barring that, why not contact the creator of the films and tell them you are a student wanting to watch their work?

No worries. I understand, sometimes other people get the money than the creators who really deserve it.

It's a good idea to contact the filmmakers.

Looks like UCLA has a copy of this short in DVD and as a student, I was told that I can go there, provide the student ID and watch the film for free.

Do you have any amazon digital credits? They give them free to you when you pick slower shipping options. I looked and for me that video is HD $0.

That's a really good idea. I have some digital credits, but for some reason I thought it was only for purchasing items. I totally forgot this is also a purchase.

Back