The Walking Dead will be back in a week!

Is anyone else as excited as I am? I've been watching the show since it started and love it. Its such an emotionally gripping story. I can't wait for more! :D

YES!! I don't follow TV shows very often, but this has me hooked. Great characters and twists, and some of the best zombie stuff ever!

Can't wait for Sunday....

It's good to see this still going strong. I've been a fan of the comics for ages, and I love how they've really nailed the feel of it. I'm not a purist by any means; in fact, the subplots they add and changes they make are part of WHY I'm enjoying the series so much. But they're really getting what makes the comics such a good read.

Depending on how close they follow the story, next season should be CRAZY intense, if not outright hard to watch. Can't wait!

Friday 17th feb at 10 pm, that`s a date. It is the only series me and my son sit down together to watch. The wife and my daughter are sent to bed early

I can't wait! I seldom find myself addicted to television shows, but this show is my cocaine!

In addition, I'm originally from Phenix City, Alabama (roughly five minutes away from Fort Benning), so I'm hoping the characters will eventually wind up there - and hopefully shoot there as well. My family back home has their eyes and ears open for casting and crew calls.

For those who want to jump into it, set your DVR. AMC is running every episode, starting tonight.

On Sat., Feb. 11 at 8/7c, AMC begins a two-day The Walking Dead marathon on-air covering the full series to date. First comes all six episodes of Season 1 back-to-back on Saturday starting at 8/7c. Then on Sunday, the marathon continues with Season 2 episodes starting at 1:30PM/12:30c, leading right into the Midseason Premiere, "Nebraska" at 9/8c.

Schedule HERE.

I'm watching the pilot episode of The Walking Dead and listing to Frank Darabont's commentary. Man I love Frank Darabont. You're just struck by his keen intelligence and his love for film and filmmaking. He's really a filmmaker's filmmaker in his commentaries. It's really great of him to explain and to share how they did this and how they did that. Plenty of other directors settle for phoning their commentaries in, which is okay, but not Frank. Thanks you, Frank!

I hope you get a chance to check his commentary out.

Last edited:
What really sucks is that Darabont got pushed out for the second season - especially when people are talking about some of the ideas he had for tying back into things from earlier seasons that are likely gone now with him.

I really like that show, but they need to pick up the pace a little....

They shoot at several locations around here. The highway scene with all the crashed cars and the "herd" was shot a couple of miles from me (Hampton) on a relatively new roadway. They had it blocked off for a few weeks. The bar scene and the town they go to near the farmhouse is in Sharpsburg, which is basically a collection of antique stores.
I've worked with a few of the zombies and makeup people on previous projects. Theres a lot of stuff being shot in Georgia right now (I need an "in" with these people...lol..)...... We have a 30% tax incentive for filmmakers and varied terrain/locales. I live literally around the corner from where they shot Driving Miss Daisy and a few other movies. One of the coolest things that was shot here was for the new Top Gear series.. They had a Cobra helicopter chasing a Dodge Viper through a neighborhood. Thats an awesome thing to see in person.

I would like to point out that what you see on the Walking Dead is not what Georgia is actually like......:lol:

Last edited:
What really sucks is that Darabont got pushed out for the second season - especially when people are talking about some of the ideas he had for tying back into things from earlier seasons that are likely gone now with him.

:(

That sucks. How was he pushed out? Was it a friendly and mutual sort of thing, or an unfriendly sort of thing?

I would like to point out that what you see on the Walking Dead is not what Georgia is actually like......:lol:

:lol:

Last edited:

Last summer I had heard that he had left of his own volition, but I see now that he was, in fact, fired. That's too bad.

That said, HBO is now looking at the Dark Tower, and Darabont does have a history of working with Stephen King......

(okay, yeah, dreaming there, but a little more possible than, say, Firefly Season 2 ;))

This explains one of Darabont's ideas that has already been scrapped since he was fired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyjdBac6p4

I really would have liked to see that, and I have a feeling there were a lot more ideas like that which we'll never see now that he's gone.

Last summer I had heard that he had left of his own volition, but I see now that he was, in fact, fired. That's too bad.

That said, HBO is now looking at the Dark Tower, and Darabont does have a history of working with Stephen King......

(okay, yeah, dreaming there, but a little more possible than, say, Firefly Season 2 ;))

That's a nice dream.

This explains one of Darabont's ideas that has already been scrapped since he was fired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyjdBac6p4

I really would have liked to see that, and I have a feeling there were a lot more ideas like that which we'll never see now that he's gone.

=(

Wow, did all y'all recognize Sam Witwer as the tank zombie before you heard that? I didn't. It's like a cool little Easter Egg of trivia.

So, does that mean that AMC wasn't making much money on the show despite its success?

Not to minimize any pain or strife caused to Frank or to his associates by AMC's move, but at least the first season of The Walking Dead is yet another gem in his/their resume. Neither AMC nor its action can take that away from him/them. So, hell, hopefully they'll just go on to another excellant project with their heads held high. Any studio or HBO or investor or whoever can see only a long string of outstanding content that Frank and Co. have produced.

Last edited:
Back