• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Violin - My Short Film

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my short film, "The Violin", with all of you. The film stars Olan Montgomery as Walter, a down on his luck father who is struggling day to day like many other Americans. After giving up on selling his daughter's prized possession, her grandmother's violin, Walter finds himself in a New York City bar, attempting to drink away his sorrows. At the bar he is confronted with the choice of money or his daughter's happiness.

http://youtu.be/p3sJS4bAJWQ

CAST

Walter - Olan Montgomery
Robert - Eric S. Robertson
Bartender - Joseph Leinwand

CREW

Writer - Zachary Fallah
Director - Zachary Fallah
Direcor of Photograpy - James Camali
Assistant Director - Christian LaMorte
Sound Mixer - Joshua Barclay
Editor - Tom Simpson
Executive Producer - Robert Fallah

watching it now.. just wanted to comiserate for the opening shot with the boom shadow.. not a critcisam, just one filmaker lamenting with another.. loving it so far.

Classic
I love a good con

Bar tenders acting was a bit flat, the dad was fantastic, the other guy mediocre..

Simple and efective.

Last edited:
I only think that the weakness is only from the act of the bartender,,,
about the story line, I don't know why, I already guess the ending

nice movie so far,
:D

this is great man.

the bartender was a little bit boring to watch, but the dad was awesome.

oh, and i'm just wondering, why did you use that colour profile? I mean like, what do you want to achieve by having you film in somewhat dull colours?

no offence, i'm a total newbie in filmaking. thanks (:

about the story line, I don't know why, I already guess the ending

:D

Maybe because that one comment on the video gave it away ? I hate these kind of people.

About the short, I see that you already have some nice footage that would gain a lot of value from some color grading. Try it.

I look at things from a director's point of view (I'm no good at all the editing and sound and such) so I'll give my opinion on it based on how it was as a film, nothing else.

I loved it. Pretty brilliant to be honest. The main actor was fantastic, really sold it.

Was pretty much laughing my butt off by the end.

As soon as the smile hits you know what just happened, and that was some good directing, writing and acting at work.

Hope to see some more from ya!

Maybe because that one comment on the video gave it away ? I hate these kind of people.

About the short, I see that you already have some nice footage that would gain a lot of value from some color grading. Try it.

hahha, maybe that can be true my friend, by the I also watch the "Father's Day", and I see great improvement from "Father's Day" to "The Violin".

If you made a new short video, just message me :D

Dude awesome film !though the bartender acted sort of dull but never expected that act from the bartender haha he looked like a nice guy to me , And the ending was totally awesome XD , Anyway good try man ! what about you just go through this movie of mine called Rain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahrH4R0pGXk&list=UU8S2qJKtr-LTpdmpQMI0c-Q&index=1&feature=plcp , and tell me how to improve upon it ? and tell me any promotion techniques if you know of 'em XD anyway man awesome movie and the lead actor was very good to watch :D

Last edited:
Back