The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Out of curiosity, I rented the first three DVD's of the short-lived series, and it's pretty good. My problem, however, is that it seems to be a "Terminator of the Week" kinda series, and Summer, being a good Terminator, is used as a universal toolbox, able to punch her way through walls, through machinery, whatever else if the plot requires.

Still, the first nine episodes are harmless escapist fun.

I agree with the above poster. Later in the series it starts getting deeper, and they play with the time travel element a bit more in some interesting ways. Frankly, I think if it had been allowed one more season, it wold have run for quite some time.

The best part of the series is when Sarah has an incestuous affair with her twin brother, and when they're discovered by her nephew, they throw him out of a window. Man, talk about jacked up...

I just started on season 2, and, while the twist with Shirley Manson is interesting, it doesn't develop fast enough. And it's still the same Terminator chasing John Connor formula for most of it.

The other problem is that Summer Glau's character, the robot, was seen damaged in the first episode of the second season, so much so she's limping. Then, without explanation, she's suddenly all right again. The one thing in my mind is where this machine would go for a lube-oil change or tune-up.

I enjoyed this series very much and have both seasons on DVD.

I believe what killed it was too many leads in season two, which set the story line in too many directions for the average viewer to follow. Adding more leads needs to be more gradual for the general public. Jumping from four to fourteen from season one to season two left too many viewers confused. My friends at work who liked season one too said they got lost with season two.

I'm on the early part of Season 2, but, while the episodes are good, they still come across as Terminator of the Week. My question, as an aspiring mogul, is what can be done to keep the audience fascinated - are there any plot twists or developments? So far, the only twist is to see Shirley Manson's character trying to find out who those robots are, even though she's a liquid terminator.

Back