• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Poke Show: Clichè- An Independent Film

It started off as a really interesting unique concept and I was really exciting to see where it was going -- I've not seen anything like that before so I thought it was a cool idea! The ending was a little disappointing though...

What really sucks is that I too was working on a
dream within a dream
concept script. I guess I'll have to shelf that one for awhile.

You forgot to do the "camera in the fridge" shot. That's one of the biggest film cliches ever (as is mentioning film cliches on film). :lol:

OH damn! I even used that shot on my 48 hour fest film!!!

TheBophe said:
The ending was a little disappointing though...

Do you mean the narration? Or just the general sense of a "let down" as the credits roll?

TheBophe said:
What really sucks is that I too was working on a Spoiler: dream within a dream concept script. I guess I'll have to shelf that one for awhile.

Negative. Really, a dream sequence is a tool... and albeit one that tends to get overused, then again, one could say hammers are tools that are overused. Just as long as there's a plot or purpose or joke to the dream sequences.

GoodSirKnight said:
I really like that one. bully!

Beef Bullion. What did you think of the yellow-tinged bathroom shots?

EDIT:
Watch these two music videos for a Matt Good song (fan submissions) that were made AFTER Cliche:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDrJbC5GgiM&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQUIVt7wSs

Last edited:
Do you mean the narration? Or just the general sense of a "let down" as the credits roll?

Negative. Really, a dream sequence is a tool... and albeit one that tends to get overused, then again, one could say hammers are tools that are overused. Just as long as there's a plot or purpose or joke to the dream sequences.

See -- this is why I don't write comedy. No one ever gets my jokes. :( Or maybe you're making one now... I'm confused?

let us not forget the effervescent/ever present dolly zoom (push in zoom out or vice versa)...that's supposed to be a no-no, but I use them and love them!

or hobbit road. vertigo. whatever...they're all really hard to do with an XL1s' standard lens...servo controlled zoom + focus.

You thought of everything... even the rapid phone rings to make it seem like it's ringing a long time... lol.

Nice.

Back