• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Perfect Woman!!!

However i don't mean to sound like a drama school teacher but when you are confronted with someone unexpected there is a suspensive atmosphere causing you to "think" what to say... Imagine if you were sat at home having sex with another woman then your wife suddenly comes home early, you will then have to think what to say...

I think its best not to reveal Victoria until hes asked the question "i wasn't expecting you..." apart from that the re edit is perfect! Thank you!

I was just demonstrating that there were many ways to cut that scene...you could have made it more comedic just through the edit as well (it wouldn't serve the scene, but could be done). The edit is where you retell the story creating tension and release, the same way you would when writing music. I agree the 42 second is probably the one you were looking for, I just wanted to demonstrate that you could cut it several ways and arrive at the tension faster by revealing. If the goal is suspense, the cut should be longer. if the goal is tension, the cause should be revealed for the audience to be able to experience the discomfort with the characters.

I also wanted to show how the same footage could be used in different ways to develop different reactions.

The clip of the main character sitting up is sped up a bit as he's sitting up...I did this by splitting the clip and accellerating the first part. I then took the audio from the second part and streched it underneath the first to eliminate the faster clock ticking that would have given me.

I jump cut (took out the middle bits) the light turning on to make it happen faster for the shock value...like when I turn on the light in my sons room when he won't get up in the morning ;)

You sound like a very experienced and impressive editor!

On Premiere Pro i have managed to capture the footage from camera to the computer but i do not have a clue about the rest.

I've studied alot over the last 3 years to prep for shooting this feature I'm doing. I've got a couple of shorts under my belt (one I wish I could show you, but it's tongue-in-cheek critical of a company by name, so I can't). practice and reading books about editing will get you where i am...3-4 years ago, anything other than a cut and a cross fade were alien. Now they are the building blocks of much more complex things. In reading, you also find out why a particular cut is made, not just how. Tons of info on the internet...tips and tricks kinds of stuff.

I watched your film "Hassegeschichte" about the white rabbit eating the tree which was very amusing! It reminds me of those silent movies starring Charlie Chaplin.

When you complete the editing of "Average Joe" i would be very interested in seeing it.

The moderator tells me that the chat room will be re installed eventually.

I recieved a phone call from the manager at Humberside airport asking if we can postpone from the 16th Nov to the 18th Nov, which is fine with me and everyone else. However they have requested that we start filming from 8am which means i would have to pick everyone up at about 7am! I am a bit worried that some of my cast members maybe still in bed when i arrive...

Also i just finished the final version of TPW by editing out 58 seconds of footage.

I am quite tempted to send a dvd copy to ifilm.com, but i have heard so many negative comments about them i am not quite sure...

First impressions....needs more interesting camera angles. Everything is shot straight on, no reverse angles, low angles, high angles, nothing other than straight on shooting.

Lots of loooooong pauses. A twenty minute films that should be no longer than five minutes.

You got some funny situations
the guy taking the perfect woman on the bus
, but the long pauses and slow editing really kill the oddity of the situations.

Poke

Poke

Yes i know the editing has to be tightened up and recently i have been learning how to edit with Premiere Pro 1.5.

So far i have only edited 57 seconds off the orginal 19 mins 44 secs and i do not think i could ever get the length down to 5 or 6 mins without cutting a scene i enjoy. But thanks for watching my film.

Best regards

Eddie Rex.
(George Best 1946 - 2005 RIP)

Back