• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "The Package" - Action Film Look

Here is my latest video! It's my first stab at getting an action based film look and style shooting. I hope you like it and feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2qHJCxyMho

It got really good around 2:00. Without any dialog, or not knowing anything about it, twas a long sequence. It was shot really well and the lighting was decent. Good job!

You have to credit Scott Buckley by agreement, which includes his website in the roll. He's very reasonable with his soundtracks.

I use his stuff, too, so that's how I know. ;)

Last edited:
It got really good around 2:00. Without any dialog, or not knowing anything about it, twas a long sequence. It was shot really well and the lighting was decent. Good job!

You have to credit Scott Buckley by agreement, which includes his website in the roll. He's very reasonable with his soundtracks.

I use his stuff, too, so that's how I know. ;)

Hey thanks man, it was shot in a old barn with barely any light for the first part. I was using the good ole 50mm 1.8 :) I did credit Scott and his website at the very end ;) But I will put it in the description as well. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey thanks man, it was shot in a old barn with barely any light for the first part. I was using the good ole 50mm 1.8 :) I did credit Scott and his website at the very end ;) But I will put it in the description as well. Thanks for the feedback!

My apologies then. :blush: I didn't wait until the very end.

Good stuff, zim, and you'll recognize Scott's stuff in a lightweight thing I'll be posting later this week.

Keep the good work up!

Hey it's not bad man. Most of the shots look good. If it was that dark, why wasn't the little light on his gun turned on?

For trying "action style look and shots" I think you did great. Would have been nice to see some action though :P

Not bad man!

Wow looks pretty cool. Could you shed some light about the lighting you used? :P :)

Also what's your camcorder, if you don't mind me asking :)

Final question would be, did you do any color correction?

The footage looks great as mentioned earlier but there is this uncomfortable way of moving the actor has. See 0:39 to 0:45, dunno walking doesn't look natural?

Paul: Oh I wish that was a flashlight! Haha, its actually a laser that doesn't point straight from the gun...no way to fix it I'm afraid. Don't worry, after a few of my friends saw that they are just lining up to help out with an action sequence. Which I can not wait for!

Youssef: Basically the only lighting in the first section of the video that seemed dark was coming from the door he came through and three little dinky windows all at different ends of that area. One window was even in the roof so that added a nice effect. I used a Canon T3i with a 50mm 1.8f lens. Oh heck yeah I used color "adjusting" ;) As far as the walking, other than trying to look stealthy and low...the ceiling was literally that low. We both stand over 6' and if we had just stood up and walked my face would be hurting alot right now I'd imagine haha.

Thank you guys for the feedback!

Random info, this whole thing was thought of, found clothing/gear, test shot, mapped out, story boarded, and finally shot in two hours total. Make sure to give the video a like if you could, that would be awesome sauce! :D

:) Thanks. Right now I am working on a pretty big action short. It's only 2 minutes long and I think its like a solid minute and ten seconds of just gun fire with some explosions. But this is my second time EVER using after effects and my time keeps getting pulled away from working on it. I was hoping to have it done by this Saturday, but now I am not sure. We will see but when I do upload it I will post a link. Or you could sub and not miss out ;) Oh snap! Haha.

Back