• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Open Door-Magical Realism Short

Glad you bumped it. Missed it the first time.

Overall, the pacing's fairly ponderous. Almost gave up on it, but things picked up a bit at around three minutes. Things really come together with the father/son confrontation.

Great idea for the flick. Wish I had chalk like that. :cool:

Why are your colours so heavily blue & dark for most of the film? Even the daylight exteriors.

It needs tightening. It shouldn't be a 20 minute flick. I like the story. It's just loooong, right now.

Oh, and you should definitely have tried to access someone age-appropriate to play the role of the father. That didn't sell at all. Seems like a decent actor... just doesn't look the part.

Are you planning on revisiting the edit, btw? Or calling it done & on to next project.

Glad you bumped it. Missed it the first time.

Overall, the pacing's fairly ponderous. Almost gave up on it, but things picked up a bit at around three minutes. Things really come together with the father/son confrontation.

Great idea for the flick. Wish I had chalk like that. :cool:

Why are your colours so heavily blue & dark for most of the film? Even the daylight exteriors.

It needs tightening. It shouldn't be a 20 minute flick. I like the story. It's just loooong, right now.

Oh, and you should definitely have tried to access someone age-appropriate to play the role of the father. That didn't sell at all. Seems like a decent actor... just doesn't look the part.

Are you planning on revisiting the edit, btw? Or calling it done & on to next project.

Thanks for your criticism. This was for a small little video editing project, so I had very little time to complete it, about 3 weeks from conception to final edit. Therefore, I really only had time to get friends as actors, which is why the father was not age-appropriate. I may re-visit the edit, but I will not be changing the pacing because that would require it to be re-scored, which I cannot afford at the time. But just so I can learn from my mistakes, how would you suggest I tighten it?

Back