• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Monday Knights: A Web Comedy Series

Hey, guys. Second post on this forum. Would love feedback on this. Any and all is appreciated. We have 5 episodes up on YouTube so far.

Episode 1

Thanks for watching,

Reed

Last edited:
Great stuff! As a gamer (currently without a game), I never get sick of this kind of stuff. Watched the first, and will get to the rest when I have more time. Keep it up!

Thanks, guys! So nice to know somebody's watching. Any ideas for where we might showcase this? We're trying to start including more significant audience participation after the next episode (the audience will get to vote on certain plot points or jokes; we've already filmed all the different options), and we'd like to have an audience to participate. Really liking this forum so far.

Reed

Episode 6

Hey guys. Episode 6 is unlocked. We're now starting to integrate audience participation. Any comments on this aspect of the show (or any aspect)? We filmed the first 6 episodes as a block, and the final 6 as a block. I feel that the final 6 are much better, but time will tell... Thanks for your input,

Reed

Thank you so much for your response and positive feedback. The audience participation element has been something we've wanted to do from the beginning to make the show more of a "game." I guess we'll find out if it actually engages people soon.

We just released Episode 7. I would love feedback, specifically on the sound.

This was the first episode where I did most of the sound recording, and all the sound design and mixing. I feel pretty good about it, but there were a few things I wasn't too happy about. The trap deployment was off. I couldn't figure out how to record a whizzing sound that a rope would make. Any ideas?

Finally caught up on the last few episodes. Good stuff! I like the interactive "vote for an action" angle you've got going on, though the vote doesn't really seem to affect anything other than the opening joke. I'd like to see the vote have more impact on the story, but I recognize that would be extremely difficult to do (as you said, you filmed them as a block).

Anyway, keep it up! And you're in very good company on Zombie Orpheus, so hopefully that'll get some more viewers for you. And now I really want to get a d&d game going!

Oh, as for the rope trap, I would do a creaking sound (rope tightening, about to spring) followed by a general air "woosh". I'm more a music guy than a sound fx guy, but if you get stuck creatively, feel free to drop me a PM and maybe I can help out. Either way, keep up the good work!

Thanks, Josh! For the record, we really did intend for the audience participation to be more of a factor in shaping the plot, but time and budget constraints didn't allow for this. We could only get all the actors together for a very brief window of time, which meant that the filming had to be extremely lean. If there is ever another season, we would like to pose a much more significant question to the audience between seasons that would bring real consequences.

Zombie Orpheus has been amazing! They are definitely the trail-blazers here. I've been living in a really small town recently and haven't been able to play a good game in a while. Moving back to the city soon, so that's about to change.

Looking back on that sound, I think what I wanted was something similar to a fishing pole having the line dragged out, maybe pitched down a little. As far as getting stuck creatively, that happens all the time, so be expecting a PM. :). Thanks for the feedback!

Episode 9 is up and I feel good about it. The sound work was super rushed, but I'm getting faster. It's good to have deadlines, but this one went out with some regrets. Love to hear your thoughts on any aspect.

Back