• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Laughing Window [35mm Short Thriller]

Very nice! What's the budget? Which festivals are you aiming? It seems like a very expensive project! Keep it up ;)

I'm looking into festivals now - not sure which would fit best. If you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

The budget was $8k. It was shot as a school project at Columbia College Chicago, so we all worked for free and had access to some - but not all - the gear. We shot on Panavision cameras.

It went great! We've sent it off to a few festivals since then - might even post it for viewing on YouTube if there are no premiere policy problems (so far, I haven't read any stating such.)

I really dig the orginal colour cut. :cool:

However, I found the so-call TZ cut to be quite pretentious. This is the version I watched first, btw, so I'm making mental comparisons for the entire duration. It falls short of an extremely lofty self-proclaimed target.

Watching it again as a straight-up short, there was no baggage to account for. Enjoyed it much more. Love the colours. Great short in it's own right.

Meh, just my opinion. :)

I really dig the orginal colour cut. :cool:

However, I found the so-call TZ cut to be quite pretentious. This is the version I watched first, btw, so I'm making mental comparisons for the entire duration. It falls short of an extremely lofty self-proclaimed target.

Watching it again as a straight-up short, there was no baggage to account for. Enjoyed it much more. Love the colours. Great short in it's own right.

Meh, just my opinion. :)

Thanks for your review! That's one of my problems with it personally, I felt it was missing something. I feel I should have taken it in the direction of a more supernatural short, would have been more interesting.

I'm glad you enjoyed the color version :)

Nice! Great to see it finished. I like the "Twilight Zone" version too. What's next?

Thanks for checking it out! Hoping to continue making shorts and breaking out of the thriller/horror genre.

Do you have any suggestions for what festivals I should submit it to? I'm debating whether or not I should.

Back