• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE KINGS WORLD: War of the VOID Arthouse Feature Trailer

In the making for 13-14 Years, since I first created the character of the Greedy Captain on his golden ship when I was a young boy. (4 years old) I’m so hyped to finally bring to life The Kings World in its first FULL SCALE feature film. Combining live action, 3D animation and 2D animation. This is also the first live action Silhouette feature film ever made where the characters are all silhouettes of some kind throughout the greater majority of the motion picture. Coming to youtube 2022 free for all to see, I hope to motivate and inspire you no matter the situation your going through right now. Micro budget, I’d love to know your thoughts on this trailer my filmmaking friends!

An idea: What if instead of an instrumental soundtrack running behind the film, instead vocal songs played in the background? Diff songs for the whole length instead of small song appearances like some other films. How do you think the audience would receive this? And if you know any features that do this I’d love to know! (Not talking about musicals). Just imagine lord of the rings but lyrical songs play in place of the instrumentals.

Last edited:
It's an interesting idea, but think about this aspect. Directing a film is on many levels like conducting an orchestra, no one idea can or should take center stage the entire time. What you should be aiming for is a layered approach that lets good ideas breathe, introduce a great idea, then another different great idea, then perhaps a rest, then a third great idea of a different type, only then will the audience be reset enough to enjoy the first great idea again. Look at lightsaber combat in Star Wars. Everybody likes it, it's great, in fact, it's a legendary film element up there with the most popular in history. Still, you don't see constant light saber fighting in every scene of a Star Wars film. Your job is to entertain the audience, and there are quite a few tools in your toolbox. A smart director layers them in, entertaining sometimes with action, sometimes with music, sometimes with humor, and most often with various combinations of them. The Power of Love was a huge hit song that helped make Back to the Future a household name, but can you imagine how bad the movie would have been if they had played it on a loop for 90 minutes. It's the silences that make the loud parts feel so loud.

but can you imagine how bad the movie would have been if they had played it on a loop for 90 minutes. It's the silences that make the loud parts feel so loud.
Thanks for taking the time to reply! So overall you feel that an all Vocal backing soundtrack would be inferior to the standard instrumental one?

No, I think some vocal stuff could be really cool, I'm just saying that you should use both, sporadically. Make the vocal segments really stand out and highlight certain memorable scenes in the film with them.

My advice would be to study uses of that exact technique where they were effective.

Here in the final battle of SW episode 1, you can see how Williams uses a vocal section to highlight one of the most dramatic scenes in the film. It's great, but if they were singing like that every time someone walked down a hallway, I feel the impact might be lessened.

If you really want to do all vocal, there's a way to make that work, but you still need to use very different techniques throughout. Might want to watch Samsara and the Koyaanisquatsi series for reference on art film vocals usage.

No, I think some vocal stuff could be really cool, I'm just saying that you should use both, sporadically. Make the vocal segments really stand out and highlight certain memorable scenes in the film with them.

My advice would be to study uses of that exact technique where they were effective.

Here in the final battle of SW episode 1, you can see how Williams uses a vocal section to highlight one of the most dramatic scenes in the film. It's great, but if they were singing like that every time someone walked down a hallway, I feel the impact might be lessened.

If you really want to do all vocal, there's a way to make that work, but you still need to use very different techniques throughout. Might want to watch Samsara and the Koyaanisquatsi series for reference on art film vocals usage.
Thank you for your viewpoint it really helps gathering different opinions especially when making an experimental film! Since this is an experimental Arthouse film it most probably will end up using an all-vocal backing track, and have small instrumental pieces indicating important moments. An invert of the standard you might say, for better or worse. It currently looks like this experiment will make a divided audience. With %70 enjoying the all vocal idea, and %30 against. But hey thats what often comes with the Arthouse/Experimental gig 😁. Not everyone will love it.

Nice to see you still at it Golden. Looks like your animation has improved a good amount too! Congrats on seeing the project through, and I hope it is greatly received!
Thank you my friend! I greatly appreciate the comment. And I guess we will see soon :). Being an Arthouse film it won’t be for everyone. More for people who enjoy deeper, symmetrical, emotional/serious films. This would definitely be an R rated film, dealing heavily with suicide, genocide, PTSD, abuse, War, fear and much more. With the intent of bringing the audience right to the edge before pulling them back out of the Void. The main target being a suicidal and/or depressed audience.

Last edited:
Thank you my friend! I greatly appreciate the comment. And I guess we will see soon :). Being an Arthouse film it won’t be for everyone. More for people who enjoy deeper, symmetrical, emotional/serious films. This would definitely be an R rated film, dealing heavily with suicide, genocide, PTSD, abuse, War, fear and much more. With the intent of bringing the audience right to the edge before pulling them back out of the Void. The main target being a suicidal and/or depressed audience.
I really feel these topics are important to tackle with art and media. In the older times, these topics would not be hidden or avoided for fear of negativity or anything like that. They were approached, shared freely, and made great artistic expression.

Let's go back to the artist sharing openly and freely, and away from social limits. I enjoy those expressions far more than the cookie cutter films they make now.

Back