• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Killing Strain movie

The cinematography is very good. I like the yellowish tint.
I like zombie films, but wish there'd be less fast zombies. Basic zombie biology wouldn't allow it. Could you imagine a rotting corpse with no intelligence being able to run?
28 days later is an exception, because the infected were still alive (not real zombies).

Anyway looks great so far, I'll have to check it out when it's done.

I have not seen the trailer but I am going to watch it after I post this.
What if the zomibes are not undead but yet virus based ala "28 Days Later" ?

I would deff watch it. I'm not a fan of the yellow tint.

Last edited:
I have not seen the trailer but I am going to watch it after I post this.
What if the zomibes are not undead but yet virus based ala "28 Days Later" ?

I would deff watch it. I'm not a fan of the yellow tint.
Nah the woman definately dies.

Ya, I've said this before...this film looks badass...simple as that.

What a great execution. It really does look top-notch. Great lighting, camera work, post grading...the makeup is kickass. I really want to see this.

Good luck with it. And hire me on your next project as an actor!!! :)

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yes this is a virus. If you check out the trailer the radio announces a bio emergency. So we're exploiting the virus thing this is a virus that is spread by body fluid exchange, which is why the wife in the trailer turns.

New trailer soon hopefully. We're working so hard on this I can barely keep up posting on the blog or editing the behind the scenes video. The director is going to try to edit a new trailer as soon as he can.
Thanks

trailer at; http://www.killingfieldsmovie.com
blog at; http://thekillingstrainmovie.blogspot.com/
this is where all the behind the scenes video is posted

Basic zombie biology wouldn't allow it. Could you imagine a rotting corpse with no intelligence being able to run?
I'm a big fan of zombie movies, too. This really makes me
laugh - in a good way. Discussing basic zombie biology is a
discussion (argument) I get into with some of my friends,
too.

Frankly if I can imagine a rotting corpse with no intelligence
being able to to do anything at all, I can imagine them
running. As a writer I can imagine all kinds of things.

I love the fast zombies. I even love the talking zombies...

"Send more cops."

Oh. On topic...

I have a few reservations on the trailer. But I'll first say it's excellent!

The flash to black is so overused I think it takes away from this trailer.
It's so much like the opening of "NOTLD" I expected the woman to
be called Barbara. I'm sure the movie is nothing like that classic so
it seems the trailer should emphasize the differences - not the
similarities.

Last edited:
AHHAH "send more cops." I guess you want to be eaten alive as well?

Contevil: suck it! :) it is a virus!

i love zombie movies.

Oh did I mention this is a Texas Zombie thriller. The (new) actress that plays Maria is Hispanic and just got cast in Robert Rodriguez's next film to start production in Sept. she is the leads wife. This is cool for our film.

Trailer at; http://www.killingfieldsmovie.com
blog at; http://thekillingstrainmovie.blogspot.com/
this is where all the behind the scenes video is posted -new one just added.

Awesome I love Robert Rodriguiez's films. I was just watching 'Once Apon a Time in Mexico', he has such crazy ideas.

Yeah appologies for going off topic on the zombies. I am somewhat of a zombie connoisseur. I don't hate fast zombies, I'm just a bit of a purist (like Simon Pegg) and prefer the old classic formula that Romero perfected.

Well good luck with this film. Sounds like you're going to do well.

Personally I like fast zombies too--28 being my favorite zed flick of all time. Infected is a fun alternative to the undead.

Cool that you have an actress that is being cast in a big budget film...that's always nice. Just make sure you draw up a 'three picture deal' with her, so you can use her non-union for said number of pictures in the future...because clearly she will (if she isn't already) be going SAG. Trust me this works...as long as you drum up a contract for future films...you can use union actors on non-union pictures.

Back