The Indie film rocking the middle east.

(To moderators: if this subject is too controversial please delete)

What's your opinion of the indie film that is causing riots in the middle east this week? Not in terms of content but in terms of filmmaking?

I think it's a pretty shoddy piece of work. Bad sound and acting. Lighting and sets are not too bad. And blue screens used way too much. Unrealistic fake beards. Can't believe anyone takes this film seriously.

But in terms of indie films I've seen worse.

Can't believe anyone takes this film seriously.
No one has.

The media made the unsubstantiated connection between the violence
and the movie. Until they did, the move had been virtually unseen. Several
media sources (including the AP) has retracted their initial claim.

I haven't seen it so I can't comment on it from a filmmakers perspective. But
no one has taken this film seriously. Not even those the media claimed killed
because if it. No evidence that anyone involved in the attack on the Libya
Consulate had ever heard of the movie.

This is media at its worst.

A couple of questions, Paul:

What prompted you to watch the movie? The controversy?
You said in terms of indie films you've seen worse. Just for a
little perspective; what films have you seen that are worse
than this one?

A couple of questions, Paul:

What prompted you to watch the movie? The controversy?
You said in terms of indie films you've seen worse. Just for a
little perspective; what films have you seen that are worse
than this one?

yep i watched it because of the controversy. :)

My pet peeve in indie films is when it involves a sequence of someone walking in a house from one room to another for about 10 seconds without talking. That's 10 seconds of wasted film which could be used for something more exciting. I've seen it quite a lot. At least this film didn't suffer from that and it at least had a script. So although its an awful awful film it's still better than some amateur stuff. That's my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Kind of reminds me of a film a cult might make such as the scientologists or the mormons or the jahova witnesses

If you want to keep your thread non-offensive, you shouldn't refer to religions as "cults".

Anyway, the movie is horrible. I haven't seen the whole thing, but I think the 15-minute "trailer" is enough to get a feel for it. WOW! This is the worst movie I've ever seen.

You can't compare it to the works of first-time no-budget filmmakers. This movie reportedly had millions of dollars in funding. Even if it didn't actually have millions, it clearly had some kind of legit funding, and they pissed it away worse than any movie I've ever seen.

Is this movie suppose to be a comedy or serious? It seems from the trailer it's suppose to be a comedy, done in the spirit of Black Dynamite, or You Don't Mess with the Zohan. A satire spoof of course.

Back