The human brain has a 15-second lag...

What you are seeing at the present moment
is not a fresh snapshot of the world but rather an average
of what you've seen in the past 10 to 15 seconds

Whoa!
smiley_bong.gif

http://rt.com/news/brain-neuroscience-visual-information-709/

Pseudo-filmworthy especially for this part:

The discovery, called a continuity field, at first seems to be yet another optical illusion, good to explain why we miss errors in film editing.

I'll take the blue pill, please. :bag:

There's something similar I remember reading about a little while ago. Theoretically we should be getting lots of motion blur in our vision because our eyes dart around so much. But we don't because, get this, after you've stopped moving your eyes and focus on an object the brain actually goes back and replaces your memory, erasing the motion blurry part with the 'frame', essentially, of the object once you've stopped on it. This is why when you look at an analog watch, the first second hand movement appears to take longer than the ones following it.

The brain is fucking amazing.

"The discovery, called a continuity field, at first seems to be yet another optical illusion, good to explain why we miss errors in film editing."

Or it could be just sloppy editing.. quit blaming brain lag, Pitof, for making Catwoman! "You see.. your brain lags 15 seconds.. this is actually a brilliant film".. uh huh...

I wonder who funded this research.. University of California, Hollywood, talking about editing.. coincidence??

Back