• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Fearless Adventures of the Mole

My second short film, the first one where I got to do it just the way I wanted to. Although some technical errors in sound etc. I am overall pleased with the results but I want feedback so I can improve for my future projects :)

Plot synposis: A cowardly war hero writes down his last words, analyzing his choice of lifestyle and how fear has played a significant part throughout his life.

I don't know how to get the player to work here in the forum, so just follow this link instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtgZvAHtsJs:):)

Just watched it. Yes, the sound is a bit off. What happened to that? And the narration's on and off is pretty apparent because of the audio narration's noise. I suggest you spread a sample of that noise throughout the film, so that somehow it will be seamless. For example in the 1:55.

Also, if he has been there for a long time, shouldn't he be so dirty? He looks okay for me. Though story wise, It's not really that strong.

When did you made it mate?

Script would be 25% shorter, by removing the word "fear". ;)

I think you have a really interesting idea here, that has not been properly executed.

The "war hero" doesn't look the part (in a hoodie & shades?!). The vibe of the v/o was pretty good, but the actual dialogue could have used a lot more work. It's filler.

By the time the stereotypical "shoots self" rolls in at 04:50, I am also doing the same.
smiley_suicide.gif

Nice job recovering from that, though, and providing an interesting turn of events! I was hooked, after that. :blush:

Great way to end the short. It's an awfully long windup to get there, mind you. The last 60 seconds say more than the previous 5 minutes total.

What's next? :cool:

Back