news ‘The Boy and the Heron’ Images Offer a Closer Look at Hayao Miyazaki’s Secretive New Film

It's great to get a news story I'm actually interested in. I just wish the article wasn't so long. I get it, these professional writers probably get paid by the word or some similar metric, and going on and on like this probably really creates an uptick in their end of year financials. Obviously it's an interesting topic, the worlds greatest living animator releasing his long awaited and mysterious new film, it's just a shame that this particular magazine writer saw fit to go on forever about all these useless details, such as the film's multi stage international release.

Really, I'm just looking for some concise information. There's no need to elaborate to such ridiculous extremes as though this 7 year project worked on by over 100 artists and musicians from around the world somehow merited the 3 page airtime given to more pressing social concerns, such as an offhand remark between two actors on set in the 1990s. And what of the bizarre RNG style "strategy" to pair Barbie and Oppenheimer? Doesn't that merit a third article? Instead we get this cataclysmically bloated writeup about this.

I guess really the main takeaway would be that these indiewire writers should just take it easy on themselves, and save such superhuman reporting efforts for the real news, such as "Woody Harrelson didn't like one of the comments Ted Danson made about a parked car on the set of Cheers".

Back