Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the U.S. I don't know about other countries but here, we acknowledge the things we are thankful for on this day. I don't know about anyone else but I usually find myself giving thanks all year long, for what I have, the opportunities I have, the people I know.

Today I give thanks that I have a job that allows me to take care of my family. I am blessed.

I am thankful that I have the tools I need to try to become some sort of a functioning movie maker. The equipment, software, and knowledge. It's not everything but it's a lot.

I am thankful for Indietalk.com. There are some good people here. An on-line family really. We don't always see eye to eye but that's trivial compared to the comaradarie and fellowship we offer each other. I've learned a lot from the members here and I hope I've been of some help to others as well. The great thing about a group like ours is that it serves not only as a source of information and shared ideas. It also serves as a source of inspiration, excitement, and hope. The odds are against us but knowing others are reaching for the brass ring is inspirational to me. We might not get there but, you know what they say, misery loves company. LOL!

I am also thankful that the world still shows a few embers of hope in a fire that sometimes seems to be going out. Interpret that as you will...

So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, and it doesn't matter where you live or what you celebrate, what are you thankful for?

I Am Thankful For You Thanks Giving GIF by Chippy the Dog

American Sign Language Asl GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

In my house, we actually celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday. My wife has to work today so we were forced to adapt. It was good. We had a really big turkey that we got for free!! One of the local grocery stores had a deal last week that if you spent $125.00 on groceries, you would get a turkey for free. I was expecting to be handed something the size of a chicken, but no - it was big! Now we're going to be eating turkey sandwiches and turkey soup for a week.

Thanksgiving is over and now we are on to Black Friday. Time to hemorrhage money all over merchants who have deals for us so we can buy all the things we don't really need. I might go out with my son, Alex, just to watch all the desperate people thinking they can finally afford all those wonderful things they've wanted all year long thus making their lives complete.

It's funny how today is called Black Friday because today's sales will put the merchants in the black. Today will make up for the lean months they may have experienced during the rest of the year. They will have unheard of sales today and the customer will respond by showering them with money. Even with the great sales, the merchants will still make profits that will eclipse the rest of the year.

Funny how none of them seem to have considered leaving prices low the whole year round. Obviously they are still making profit with their lower prices. They look forward to Black Friday every year, yet they refuse to keep their prices low all the time.. Huh, I guess nobody ever said that greed has logic, or a conscience..

Now, I know what you're going to say; the merchants only have select merchandise on special sales and then, only in limited quantity. That's ok. Why not allow customers to have access to that select merchandise and a reasonable price all year round? I think I'd shop at a place like that... Ah, but I guess it's easier for them to do the Black Friday thing. The sheeple seem to like it. It's the adult version of going on a treasure hunt except that you have to pay for your treasure. It's a good thing the economy is doing so well for everyone...

Oooops, I forgot. It isn't.

Back