• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Text-to-speech software (free) ?

I need a free something that can convert text to speech, and that also gives me an audio file at the end.

The free sites I've just found will do a playback, but not save it.

Just downloaded Reader 11 software, but that requires a $50 activation to save the audio file.

Anyone know of anything that's free, and which lets you save the audio file? Need it tonight.

Ta. :cool:

Not familiar with any (never done that myself), but if they do playback, you should just be able to record an audio file on your system as it's playing back.

Any audio that's playing through your machine can be captured in real-time with Audacity (free). Then, you can edit, filter and export it in any file format you need.

I do this all the time (everyday) and it works very well.

Thomas

Did you need a mechanical voice specifically or did you just want some lines read out?
If it was just some voice acting that you needed, then next time you need a few lines read just send me a PM. I'm happy to lend my voice to anyone who needs it.

Text Speaker

There are several good Text to Speech (TTS) or text to audio software available. Text Speaker is possibly the best one, it can be used to make audio versions of any text content. Personally, I find it very useful for proofreading, I can easily catch common typing errors when they are spoken aloud.

Back