• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Terra Australis - New timelapse film

Phil, did you use an equatorial mount (or have to stack images) to get the galaxy shots, or was it simply that awesome out where you were? Didn't see any mention of this in your articles. :cool:

Hey,

Shot it like any other timelapse. Just shoot RAW, shoot at around 30 second exposures. That way you don't stack and need no special mount. Out there, you can see the milky way with your naked eye!

Hey Phil,

Great blog post, I noticed in Clintons blog you decided to edit on Final Cut X, what made you choose that over Premiere CS6?

Hey,
Yes, I used FCP X. Call me weird, but I prefer FCP X over CS6. I bought CS6 production premium lately and I rarely touch Premiere. Edited Sophie on CS6 but that was due to unavailable FCP X workflow back then.

FCP X is a lot faster. Can play back 4K natively on my Imac.

Hey Phil,

I completely agree with FCX, i just find it suits my needs better and is very quick to navigate.

I was just intrigued as i remember you saying you had switched to CS6

Back