Teddy bears...

So I have this story that I've been thinking about for about six months now and it revolves a round a little boy losing his favorite teddy bear at a park and the bear must find it's way back home. Since the story is told from the bear's POV, I have been wondering how the hell I'm going to pull this off. I was thinking about doing stop-motion, but I don't think that will justify the bears emotions, as I want them to be as real as can be for an amateur like me (no rhyme intended :)) and for the tone that I want, I just think it wouldn't fit.

Has anyone ever had experiences like this they'd like to share?

If it's the bear's POV... why would you need any stopmotion? We'd be seeing through the bear's eyes.

Maybe have some paws on sticks, if they ever come into frame. You can look up plenty of Triumph the Comic Insult Dog videos to see how that's done.

If it's the bear's POV... why would you need any stopmotion? We'd be seeing through the bear's eyes.

Maybe have some paws on sticks, if they ever come into frame. You can look up plenty of Triumph the Comic Insult Dog videos to see how that's done.

Whoops, I mean perspective. But I do plan on having POV shots to mix things up.

Never thought of sticks, going to have to test that out. Thank you Steve!

You can imply movement without showing it by showing the bear sitting someplace then cut to the bear's POV looking at where he/she wants to be followed by rapid camera movement ending with the bear being in the location that it wanted to get to. Cool idea.

Back