• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Teaser \ Trailer for Carriers

Here is a new trailer for my daughters high school senior project short film "carriers" Im her DP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSbS_b-u0vg

Damn i wish i was making that kind of stuff in high school, is she planning on going to film school?

I like teaser #1 better. I feel like the first one does a better job of building tension, while the second one kinda left me confused as to what the movie was even about.

On a side-note, I'm seriously enamored by this project. You have no idea how much respect I have for you, that you're collaborating with your daughter on this.

When I was her age, I wanted nothing to do with my parents, except for them to take me places, and get me things I needed. That's not to say I didn't like my parents, they were always great; I just mean to say that when I was in my teens, my interests lied more with my friends, and I kinda think that's typical.

Anyway, point being -- the fact that your daughter chose to make her senior project something in which she could work with her dad and share in his interests -- I think that's a very positive reflection on you. Bravo, both for the film, and for being an awesome dad!

:yes:

uh it's your daughter's High School project... ok... well... Then I understand the music choice

it's not too bad for high school girl :)

Aye, your DP work looks pretty good! :yes:
Fave scene is @ 0:33, great lighting and image comp.

Don't know what the story's about from this trailer. :huh:
Likely/probably doesn't encroach on this much: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0806203/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Will this senior project be a short or feature length?
Is your daughter writer/director/producer? Whatever the answer - COOL!

I agree with CF, getting to work with your daughter is pretty sweet.
RESPECT to the family men everywhere.
raised_clenched_fist_solidarity_and_support_postcard-r6e1d8f11a9eb4c5c867cb4f4d31bb2f9_vgbaq_8byvr_50.jpg

Thanks for the family props!

A bit more about the project:

Length: < 10 mins probably closer to 5.
genre: political thriller
setting: near future, post mini-zombie apocalypse, its over, the z's are now managed in preserves.
This zombie movie has no zombies.

Another one of my kids in this project. lol... Youngest daughter.

1973235_10202692377782076_1672713551_o.jpg

Last edited:
Also, let's keep in mind the fact that this is a first-time filmmaker. Sure, she's got a great tutor/guide, but think back to your first film. It'd be silly to expect perfection. This one looks pretty cool to me. Looking forward to seeing it!

Back