• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Teaser for upcoming BMCC/BMPCC British feature film - BLACK SWEAT (£2500 budget)

Hello all,

I've been working on my first feature (Director/Cinematographer) since July last year. Here is the very first teaser that I managed to cut today. This is really just a collection of shots, grading isn't final.

- Shot primarily on the BMCC in 2.5K RAW and second unit used a BMPCC in RAW.
- Budget so far amounts to around £2500.
- Cast and crew totalled 6 people.
- Shot in 11 days. (Main shoot was 7 days shooting/sleeping at the barn location)

Watch in 1080p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXE4BQvGYOg

Lenses:

- 80% of the film was shot on a Tokina 11-16
- Nikon AI 24mm, 50mm, 85mm also used
- Tamron 17-50mm used in a scene
- BMPCC used a Panasonic 14-42mm kit lens

Lighting:

- Fake Arri 500W Fresnel
- Fake Arri 150W Fresnel (died on set)
- 2x 312 bi-colour LED panels
- Daylight CFL bulbs (clipped to lightstands)
- Lee gels (frost, diffusion, red, blue)

Firstly, well done on making a feature!! :)

Your cinematography and the locations look pretty nice and the acting looks intense at times, the lack of audible dialogue in the trailer was actually quite nice, it added mystery to the feeling of the trailer... the only thing I wasn't so struck on was the title design, its a font that I've seen used quite a lot, which doesn't mean it's bad, it just mean's I've seen it too often.

But still, well done, I ended up watched it twice in a row! :P

god that black magic does sexy things!!

yeah, it looks like there's a lot of emotion, a lot of camera movement, so those are definitely good signs.

also appears as if you went wild with gels and colors, and generally i like to see that, as long as the transitions are smooth. post more about it, looks like a good project!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It's all very useful for me.

Nothing is final, including the end font. This is just a very early teaser to get some initial feedback and get the cast/crew a little excited. :) No doubt I'll get someone to hand draw a custom title later on in post production.

Here's a big question that me and the team are forever arguing about. The title.

What does everyone think of 'Black Sweat'? I kind of wrote it down as a joke on the first script but I've ended up really liking it. At a point in the film the main character has black fluid escaping his body (sweat and vomit). It's like very dark, thick ink.

I realise 'Black Sweat' is a Prince song and also sounds like a film dealing with civil rights. :lol:

As Director I have really pushed to keep this title but it's still a 'working title'.

The teaser looks fantastic. Really sets the mood from the start and creates intrigue. Given the "zero budget" nature of the project, if you need any additional original music, I would be willing to contribute. davidsait@rogers.com

Awesome. Can't wait to hear the final mix to go along with the visuals, but the silence did actually lend to the tension. As for the title, I think it depends on the story. How much of that "black sweat" moment plays a part in the overall arch of the film?

Last edited:
Back