• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Teaser 2

I think it looks really good – the cut moves quickly and it looks like a really interesting subject.

Three things:

1) I'm not sure about the whole Googling thing in the trailer (unless it's very crucial to the film itself). The second one particularly looks a bit clumsy. With the first one, it's quite clear that different search terms have been used in order to produce the link that she clicks on. Perhaps the average viewer won't look that closely, but, for those who do, it'll be an unnecessary distraction.

2) Please, please use a different typeface for the titles at the end! We live in a world of fantastic typeface design, so if I ever see anyone use a MS preset typeface I immediately think of the WMM films I made as a kid.

3) Is the name of the film 'Rise of a Rider' or 'ROAR'? I assume the former and though the acronym is a very fitting one for the subject, those final titles will confuse your branding. If you are going to have Rise of a Rider reduce into ROAR (accompanied by the sound effect) then I think it should expand back out again to Rise of a Rider, so people have that name in their head when they leave the trailer. Otherwise, they'll leave the trailer thinking 'ROAR', which may not be the easiest way for them to find the film later.

I think it looks really good – the cut moves quickly and it looks like a really interesting subject.

Three things:

1) I'm not sure about the whole Googling thing in the trailer (unless it's very crucial to the film itself). The second one particularly looks a bit clumsy. With the first one, it's quite clear that different search terms have been used in order to produce the link that she clicks on. Perhaps the average viewer won't look that closely, but, for those who do, it'll be an unnecessary distraction.

2) Please, please use a different typeface for the titles at the end! We live in a world of fantastic typeface design, so if I ever see anyone use a MS preset typeface I immediately think of the WMM films I made as a kid.

3) Is the name of the film 'Rise of a Rider' or 'ROAR'? I assume the former and though the acronym is a very fitting one for the subject, those final titles will confuse your branding. If you are going to have Rise of a Rider reduce into ROAR (accompanied by the sound effect) then I think it should expand back out again to Rise of a Rider, so people have that name in their head when they leave the trailer. Otherwise, they'll leave the trailer thinking 'ROAR', which may not be the easiest way for them to find the film later.

Thanks, appreciate it! What typeface would you suggest? Everyone hates every single typeface I use so I'm more than open to suggestions!

Incidentally, I took the suggestion on board and changed the typeface because it was so terrible I had to do it immediately! Also, I just added 'Rise Of A Rider' on the final element as that is also a good idea. Am thinking how to change the final Google thingy to make it more relevant.

Last edited:
I think it looked really good! The only thing I was wondering about was the whole using google thing. If in the movie she actually uses google to find all this information then that makes sense, but for some reason it just didn't feel right in the trailer to me. When it's on the website and zooms into some text I like how that looks, but the typing into google just felt odd especially at the beginning. Also if you are going to use the Google thing maybe delete your other searches like that part where you can see you asked about Quicktime and how to convert something.

Another thing is I think the title slides could help bring this trailer to life a bit more. Instead of a black background with a basic white font, maybe use something more unique and fun especially with the music you have and the inspiring story of the film itself!

I thought the footage you used and everything looked great just some little things I think could help you out! Great trailer though! Can't wait to see the entire film!

I like it. Maybe because I was prepared to not like the Google thing
based on the comments it didn't bother me at all. Google is, after all,
the way most people find answers to their questions.

The opening audio was so low I turned up my sound. Then the music
was crazy loud.

This is certainly a subject that is interesting.

Thanks for all the comments and delighted you find it interesting!

In terms of the hits, unfortunately only 720 hits after 24 hours so not great but am keeping my fingers crossed that more will look and like.

Back