Synching audio in Premiere

So, I've synched audio before, and the way I've done it has basically just been to zoom in really tight on the timeline, and then simply drag/drop until the peaks match up, between my in-cam mic track and my audio recorder track. Easy enough, however, I'm wondering if there's an even faster way to do it.

What I'm wondering is if there's a way to lock an audio and video clip together, before I even import them into the timeline. I've searched for an answer to this question, but every site I've found recommends my first method.

Here it is:

Plural Eyes Software

"PluralEyes™ saves hours in post-production for multi-camera edits, dual-system audio or multi-take workflows such as music videos. It automatically synchronizes all your audio and video clips without the need for timecode, clappers or any special preparation."

Well, I'm at least going to try the free trial. It looks sweet. And for $150, if it does what it promises, I'll definitely purchase it.

I watched a video and glanced at the user's manual. Looks like I will edit my video the same way as before, import into timeline, without being linked to the external audio. Then, I'll import the external audio into the timeline, and line it up at least somewhere in the ballpark of the video, then I let the software work it's magic. Anyway, point being, I can go ahead and move forward with editing as I normally would, and worry about synching audio after I've got a rough cut of the video, with scratch audio.

Also available for Vegas Pro.

And Cracker Funk is in Cracker Luck, because the Premiere version is on sale right now.

Dude, you have no idea. Today has been my day. It's been one good fortune after another. First, my paycheck was considerably bigger than expected, then I got free checking for life at Wells Fargo (and they gave me a sweet portable mini-cooler), then I had an awesome bacon-cheddar-guacamole-jalepeno-burger at a burger joint I've never tried, then I got the very last HD on sale at Staples (1TB, 7200 RPM, $70), now this!

If I can successfully install new HD and OS, and software, and start editing tonight, I'm going to have to pop some champagne.

Dude, you have no idea. Today has been my day. It's been one good fortune after another. First, my paycheck was considerably bigger than expected, then I got free checking for life at Wells Fargo (and they gave me a sweet portable mini-cooler), then I had an awesome bacon-cheddar-guacamole-jalepeno-burger at a burger joint I've never tried, then I got the very last HD on sale at Staples (1TB, 7200 RPM, $70), now this!

If I can successfully install new HD and OS, and software, and start editing tonight, I'm going to have to pop some champagne.

The imagery I got from this was hilarious, just picturing the moment you realize the cause for celebration, popping a bottle of champagne, while you sit to edit. :lol:

Back