• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Surviving Family movie trailer

I think this is a very well edited trailer but I would have lowered the music a bit until the "crash" at the table, in other words, a crescendo there. Mostly because I thought it slightly covered some dialogue in the beginning but also because a crescendo totally works at the crash for effect and everyone is talking louder after. Minor detail! :)

Well ... based on the trailer, I'd watch the movie. :thumbsup: Whether it reflects the whole work or not, I'm getting a "When a Man Loves a Woman" vibe off it - hope that's not an insult! :seeya:

I agree with @indietalk regarding the volume of music - it distracts from the dialogue, especially before the crash. Also, the "I do" seems clipped - I d--. If ever there was a place to put a dramatic (quarter-second) pause, I think right there - after a clearly enunciated "do" - is where it would have great effect. 💣 And again, in the outro, I'm struggling to hear the very last line against the sound of the crickets.

Whether it reflects the whole work or not, I'm getting a "When a Man Loves a Woman" vibe off it - hope that's not an insult!
That's pretty accurate and a compliment not an insult.
I hope you DO watch it :) I'm pretty sure it's streaming on Amazon Prime in France (hard for me to confirm each country) and it's DEFINITELY available to watch worldwide on Vimeo on Demand for 99 cents (see link below)

Yup, totally agree on the sound points, and I learned to hate crickets (their noise) while making this movie.

Last edited:
I have been remiss in checking this out too. It's not just your movie it's any movie these days.

Back