Super Summer Contest Stage Two!

Where is zii patience, mein comrade?

While you wait.... howzure MUSES IN THE MIRROR thing coming along?

LOL I haven't had a chance to do anything more than what I have. I just need someone to hold the camera for me but I might try doing some of it on my own this weekend. My brother was originally supposed to help but he just started college so I might have to find ways for me to do it 100% myself.

I hope y'all be taking part in Stage Three?

BTW: You can start Stage Three any time you like. I appreciate that this is the stage that will take the most time and resources but I hope that everyone (inspired by Ray's Low Budget Challenge entry) will have a think about participating.

There's certainly a lot of potential in these scripts.

When you've decided which one you want to do, drop me a message and I'll let you know whether it's available for you to develop and who the writer is (so that you can discuss the script and any possible revisions).

xx

LOL I haven't had a chance to do anything more than what I have. I just need someone to hold the camera for me but I might try doing some of it on my own this weekend. My brother was originally supposed to help but he just started college so I might have to find ways for me to do it 100% myself.
Contact Miss Divine!
Seriously.
You want someone to boss around = control freak.
She: "The tripod acts like a cooperative camera man, (so far it's the only obedient man I own)" = control freak.
Work together.

I hope y'all be taking part in Stage Three?

BTW: You can start Stage Three any time you like. I appreciate that this is the stage that will take the most time and resources but I hope that everyone (inspired by Ray's Low Budget Challenge entry) will have a think about participating.

There's certainly a lot of potential in these scripts.

When you've decided which one you want to do, drop me a message and I'll let you know whether it's available for you to develop and who the writer is (so that you can discuss the script and any possible revisions).

xx
I likely will.

My low budget entry cost $10 in direct costs for the flashlight with colored lenses.
But I probably spent forty hours + gas/weartear to get it bagged & tagged.
At union rates what's that work out to? A few $k?

Maybe if I shot it with a Red Epic... ?

Yeaaaaaaah...
:lol:

Writer?!
We ain't got no writer!
We don't need no stinkin' writer!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

One of the reasons I prefer people to vote for three, if possible, is that it shows that you've taken the time to at least consider a few of them. I really would encourage people to hold their vote until they've had a chance to read all the scripts.

Of course you're welcome to only vote for one if that's what you'd like. But I think it'd be better if you could perhaps leave a short explanation...? No real reason, just think it's good form.

@mad_hatter: You must! I'm not sure if I've seen anything you've filmed (?) but I've read a few of your shorts now and it's time you got filming! I think people will be very interested in adapting ABC...

I understand why people, in general, haven't voted, because it does require a good deal of reading. But all of the people who submitted concepts in Stage 1 -- I would be inclined to believe that they'd have a vested interest, and would want to read Stage 2 (and vote). :weird:

I understand why people, in general, haven't voted, because it does require a good deal of reading. But all of the people who submitted concepts in Stage 1 -- I would be inclined to believe that they'd have a vested interest, and would want to read Stage 2 (and vote). :weird:

Yea I don't get it either. Its not even that much reading if you break it up I read each script in under a couple minutes. Def <10. I know people got their own things going on, but i think it'd be fun to see what the ITers taking part in this can come up with, I wish other regular posters would see it this way.

I'm just hoping one of teh moderators doesn't give me another strike for bumping.

If I remember correctly, each stage is a month long, so you've got plenty of time. Maybe we're getting impatient, too early.

To clarify my earlier statement, I would think that as a bare-minimum, everyone who took part in stage 2 is kind of obliged to vote. :)

Sorry, I've been a bit out of the loop lately.

As CF says you've got a month to vote but really there's as long as it takes to make sure there's productive feedback and appreciation for people's efforts.

And as CF says again, please only vote once you've had a chance to read all the scripts.

Remember that this stage is about adapting the stories from Stage One. You've already judged the concepts, now you're judging how those concepts have been turned into scripts. I'm sure it's very easy to vote for your favourite story again but please try and give them all some time and see which ones and interesting and effective.

I was a bit wary of re-reading stuff I had already read in Stage 1, but the scripts are actually very different. I was surprised by how much I found myself liking scripts based on concepts I didn't like in Stage 1.

I'm voting for:
1) Gash
2) Insertion
3) Mantis

I'm very impressed by the quality of the submitted scripts. Since joining indietalk I've read quite a few scripts in the screenwriting section. Many of those submitted here easily belong to the top tiers. Based on that alone, I think Nick's competition is already a success.

I was a bit wary of re-reading stuff I had already read in Stage 1, but the scripts are actually very different. I was surprised by how much I found myself liking scripts based on concepts I didn't like in Stage 1.

I'm voting for:
1) Gash
2) Insertion
3) Mantis

I'm very impressed by the quality of the submitted scripts. Since joining indietalk I've read quite a few scripts in the screenwriting section. Many of those submitted here easily belong to the top tiers. Based on that alone, I think Nick's competition is already a success.

:)

I'm pleased that people took the time to come up with these concepts and then took the time to adapt them. Would I have liked more people to participate? Yes, but I'm happy that we got so many really strong ones submitted.

I genuinely hope that some people on the board might be interested in taking one of these scripts and turning it into a film. If even just one of them got made then the competition would be a success. So far no one has shown to much interest though...?

I didn't plan on participating in part 3 but if there's a lack of participants I'd probably step up so we all have at least one to watch :).

Back