• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Sucker Punch" Review

lookin at the sucker punch trailer was alright, to me it had too many cheezy scenes. but thats me idk. Still have to see it for myself.:yes:

Thanks for the review, guys. Love the Fosters oil can.

As noted, Snyder is a hyper-visual director, and a manic one at that. I might wait to catch this one on DVD, although I do love me a big budget fantasy flick now and then. Thank goodness for TRON: Legacy. That had story, visuals AND you cared about the characters.

Anyway... I digress... I think it's time for a beer :)

Just saw this movie today. Very Watchmen ish.. Didn't really love it, but then I didn't really love Watchmen either.
AMAZING colors, shots and motion graphics. :) That I did like, tons of hot girls.. didn't get to see the main character dance, which was a huge let down.

I can tell that you guys did not see this movie the way it is supposed to be seen -- stoned out of one's gillgourd. :)

I very rarely partake in the funky green stuff, but I believe this is one such occasion that demands it.

I just watched it tonight. I will say I think its called sucker punch because it catches you off guard. I think it was lead to believe through its trailers that it would be the ultimate guy movie, but when you watch it your like what? Visually I thought it was fantastic and actually had a great story line that forces you to think outside of the box. I think most americans would not see highly of it because they only prefer one type of ending...thats all I will say about that. So after watching it I felt unsure about it, but thinking about what had occured, it was actually well done.

Glad you guys are enjoying the reviews, hopefully they are somewhat coherent and insightful. Source code is next, I have high hopes with Duncan Jones directing

Sucker Punch is a movie I really want to watch again, I don't know. Initially I liked it, but not as much as I do now. The feeling that sits with you after watching it makes it great.

I saw Limitless the other day too, it was ok.. nothing extreme.

Source Code looks good, want to see that too :)

The way I see this movie, it is a collection of a whole bunch of visually-striking music videos. Each music video, on it's own, is really cool. The overrall story that the music videos are pieced together to form is completely lacking any emotional tension. So, in that respect, this movie isn't very good. But if you can appreciate it as a collection of visually-striking music videos, it's kinda cool. I'll give it a "B-".

Oh, and yes, I took my own advice (see above).

On an aside, though "Sucker Punch" fell far short in the storytelling department, I do look really forward to seeing Snyder's take on "The Man of Steel". One thing we can be sure of is that it will be nothing like any Superman we've ever seen before.

Dang, Nick... I would love to record your review as a "review on mp3" for folks. That's some funny shite! :lol:

** that is if I can keep it together at the mic. **

Last edited:
oh lordy, that sounds like a terrible fim.

I have to say that I did not see any trailers for it... though I did see three different posters for it (in one day), all of which had a very different image from the last. I had no idea what the film was about, after that.

From an advertising angle alone, it was a pure trainwreck.

oh lordy, that sounds like a terrible fim.

I have to say that I did not see any trailers for it... though I did see three different posters for it (in one day), all of which had a very different image from the last. I had no idea what the film was about, after that.

From an advertising angle alone, it was a pure trainwreck.

With you on that. I saw a trailer for it before I watched Source Code on Monday, and it could've been a completely different film from the one I just watched online.

Nick, that review is pretty hilarious. Nice work.

I thought the transition from psych ward to brothel made perfect sense.
I thought it was a pretty clear shift into her head, where she invents this world of being a victim to cope with the reality that she's been tossed in a nut-house.

And that sets us up for a movie that takes place almost entirely inside one person's imagination, and it's up to the viewer to decide what incidents correspond with reality, and in what manner.

In my opinion, the biggest fault of this movie isn't that it's lacking story. There's just as much plot in this movie as in "Escape from Alcatraz", or "The Great Escape". The difference, for me, between this movie and those terrific escape movies is that this one lacks any real tension. It has no heart. And perhaps that's because the biggest set-pieces play out in Imaginationland.

Back