• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

STUCK, an anamorphic short film about quarantine

Hello everyone,

I recently shot a shoe-string budget short film with a couple of friends, that's kind of an allegory of quarantine and lock down life.
I'd love some feedback on it. It would mean the world.

Thanks so much!

Upvote 1
Hey this one was really fun to watch! Loved the invisible cuts, and it definitely was a great idea to make subtitles on screen, I wish I did this when I used to do great movies with awful audio...

If I can add a tip regarding subtitles: add a shadow next time! I didn't had any trouble reading them, but it's always good for those frames that there's a bright background.

The editing was terrific, I loved it! And also the script was really good. I personally wouldn't have used the flares until the "I've lost count of the days" scene, it helps to have a more dramatic impact in the scene if you haven't seen any flares yet!

Nice pick for the music as well! I loved the use you gave of lens as well, some scenes had a more distorted frame and it kinda helps the audience to understand the paranoia the character is going through.

Great job, I saw you have a lot of videos so I'll definitely check some of them!

Great work, I liked a lot of the same things mentioned above, but have to give you extra props for your thumbnail. Nobody ever talks about packaging, but I think a great cover or thumbnail can actually go a long way towards getting people into the world of your film. I think I percieved your film differently than I would have if it had just been a headshot of the main character on the thumbnail.

Hey this one was really fun to watch! Loved the invisible cuts, and it definitely was a great idea to make subtitles on screen, I wish I did this when I used to do great movies with awful audio...

If I can add a tip regarding subtitles: add a shadow next time! I didn't had any trouble reading them, but it's always good for those frames that there's a bright background.

The editing was terrific, I loved it! And also the script was really good. I personally wouldn't have used the flares until the "I've lost count of the days" scene, it helps to have a more dramatic impact in the scene if you haven't seen any flares yet!

Nice pick for the music as well! I loved the use you gave of lens as well, some scenes had a more distorted frame and it kinda helps the audience to understand the paranoia the character is going through.

Great job, I saw you have a lot of videos so I'll definitely check some of them!
Thanks so much for your reply! It means a lot to us. The flares was actually in camera, but I'll take into consideration using it to help emphasize the impact of the piece next time! Thanks!

Great work, I liked a lot of the same things mentioned above, but have to give you extra props for your thumbnail. Nobody ever talks about packaging, but I think a great cover or thumbnail can actually go a long way towards getting people into the world of your film. I think I percieved your film differently than I would have if it had just been a headshot of the main character on the thumbnail.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! It means the world. I feel the same about thumbnails and marketing materials for films. Like I've already taken so much time and money to make the film, might as well spend a little more time to help boost it's image. :D

Great point!! I agree as well 👏👏👏

Back