Storyboarding a guy picking up 2 girls at a bar

I'm storyboarding a scene that takes place at a bar. It has one man standing and talking to two girls who are seated at the bar.

I was wondering if anyone can think of any scenes from movies that have a similar setup so I can get ideas on shot selections and blocking actors.

So far, the only thing I've thought of was this clip from Good Will Hunting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymsHLkB8u3s

Thanks,
Paul

cool scene that, notice the use of cutaways to cover the 180 line crossing from one side of the bar to the other..

The three shot (girls seated, man standing in the middle) is a nice composition, but its only used a little bit...

The line of action though is mostly between Ben and the brunette, that same line is kept when the cool dude comes in, and Matt steps between, which I thought was kinda awesome blocking by the way...

In most part the camera stays on the far side of Ben and the brunette for the entire scene, minus of course the few shots from the other side of the bar (bar tender POV)

so just watch that line of action for your boards, might be good to schematic out the shot first, then do your camera POV boards, particularly if you plan to use that line crossing

Back