• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Storyboard App for the iPad

Hello everyone!

I just want to make announcement that I'm currently developing an iPad app called "SketchPad: A Filmmaker's Storyboard". It’s for an artist and filmmakers who want a convenient, visual way to plan out their ideas for their next film.

As a storyboard artist myself, I gets frustrated that my storyboard drawings on paper gets messy, lost or damage on the set. So I've decided to create an app to make things a little easier and cheaper (less paper).

With this app, I can sketch out ideas (mobility) frame by frame. When I'm done, I can bring my iPad along with my equipments to the set. I like to go through my scenes on my iPad while I'm shooting. Pretty cool. Also, I can send email to my client a storyboard in PDF format for review.

There's more info at my site at www.sketchpad.ws. If you could, sign up for email notification. I will notify you when the SketchPad app is available on iTunes.

If I could get some feedback or suggestion in this forum, I see I can give out (limited) discount code for the app. At this time, I haven't thought about the pricing yet.

- Roger

Have you looked at Cinemek's Storyboard Composer? All the features of that please plus a sketching interface and the ability to import audio :)

Have you looked at Cinemek's Storyboard Composer? All the features of that please plus a sketching interface and the ability to import audio :)

I use Cinemek's app as well, only for the iPhone though. I prefer using the iPad. The problem is, none of the the app have a built-in management. Like creating different projects, adding sequence, exchange file to another iPad and so forth. My goal is to have a fully complete professional storyboarding app for the iPad. One nice feature is collaborating with your client, like sending PDF file for reviews/approval.

Trust me, as a professional storyboard artist myself, I know what exactly what it need.

I should add all of the detail features to the site so you will get a better idea. Let me know if you need additional information about my Sketchpad app for the iPad!

I've been waiting for such an app for my ipad so I'll be checking out what you make. Any ideas on how much it'll cost?

As of now, we've been thinking about having a two different prices, a Lite version with limited features and a Pro version to unlock all features. We predict that most user want to tryout the lite version to get a feel of it. You can upgrade to a Pro version at anytime.

SketchPad Pro Just Landed on KickStarter!

We first covered*SketchPad Pro, the awesome looking storyboard app from Tikibone, in*October of 2010. Back then, we reported it was coming*soon.*Now, we’re happy to tell you that it’s almost*soon!

But, before SketchPad Pro*hits the*App Store,*Tikibone needs your help. To that end,*the app now has its very own*Kickstarter campaign! If you’re a storyboard artist (or aspiring to be one), and have been waiting for this puppy to be released, please consider helping Roger (Tikibone) raise the money needed to finish development, and secure publishing.

After watching their Kickstarter fundraising video below, make sure to*check out campaign!

Kickstarter Video: http://bit.ly/IpDRSv

Kickstarter Link: http://kck.st/sketchpad-kickstarter

- Roger

Back