• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Story made up using harmonicas bits

Originally Posted by harmonica44 View Post
Yes, that's right. The lawyer is not the witnesses lawyer. The witness saw the defendant commit a crime. So the lawyer is going to ask the witness questions, as it's his job, but he's actually working with the witness in collusion of a crime they are both part of. I can write so that it's not in a police station, but since I am on a tight budget, I was hoping to use the station to double for other scenes, so I won't have to use more locations. I can have it be more than a hunch but the lawyer and witness are not going to be dumb enough to talk about it, when others can hear.

Also I don't want the audience to find out that they are working together until after the sting, later on. I need the cop to figure out that they are working together, but I do not want the audience to know. Then later, when the audience sees that they are working together, they will say "Ohh, so that's what the cop was thinking when he was suspicious of the witness and the lawyer". But it's hard to write a scene where the cop discovers enough to launch a sting, in a way, in which the audience cannot figure it out. That's why I wanted to make it a hunch, so it won't be obvious, but again, a hunch is still just a hunch legally.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my way of figuring out ,

Crime? if it is murder (only).....

Case can filed against suspect under three possibilities,

1> intentional.
2> Accidental.
3>In MOMENT OF ANGER.

Even if suspect confesses , saying he did it accidentally ...(which will make him get out easily)
It depends on witness words to prove that it happened accidentally.

I f confession happened as-in moment of anger,
Then it depends on doctor certificate about his mental illness.

If he had undergone any anger management therapy in past(REHAB), he might face less jail term than for actual charge.

If intentional, then witness can never provide proof against the suspect ,as he did it intentional.
I f he tried to , question will be raised why witness kept watching the crime instead of stopping it.
Even if so excuse, Why now came out against him.

So , I continue made up story(if murder as crime)...

suspect confess it happened by accident and he left place.
lawyer convinces suspect , it's better to confess based on matter of moment of anger rather than accidental. Because , the victim's body is in shape like being hit again and again more than once .

suspect to lawyer -' I swear , it happened only one and I left the place.'

lawyer-'post mortem says ,more than once and may be voilently .. only your finger print'
suspect 'what'
lawyer-'Since, you been in rehab in past it's better to get confess as, it happened in moment of anger ....
if not ...the way victim has dead will surely get you charged into life imprisonment for, Intentionally murdering him to make sure he is completely dead!!'
Suspect -' I need to go to jail?'
lawyer-' not exactly .... you will be sent to rehab again and your time spend there will be considered as jail term. may be for 2-3 years. If we can work out guys looking after you... and if we were possible to get good grade certificate from rehab about you, you might come out even sooner as possible as may be one or one and half year ...... trust me getting those certificate isn't any big deal.!!!'

AFTER THIS suspect gives ok nod to lawyer ..... but , stilll hopes and want to figure out who made victim to die like that after he left the place .....so he hires private investigation officer!!!

witness saying it ot happened accidently for sure raises question against her for suspect.
Suspect provides her name as probable suspect as witness claim to be in that place , even after he left.
Any thing happend only witness know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private investigation Officer (PI) becomes suspect about lawyer for not catching the point to bring witness as part of crime incident and suspect too.

lawyer's justification would be, he totally concerned about the manner crime has happened and surely which will push suspect to life imprisonment. so it's better to get him in jail for short term and arrange a way to get him out as soon as possible.

though PI not convinced , traces Witness background , which some how leads to lawyer.
Lawyer who happens to be suspects family friend too,
Suspect's (wife / someone close to him ) has joined hands with lawyer and asked him to send to jail ,
and make sure , Not for long term.

WHY - not for long term ?

Suspect -gone to jail for long term.... his whole business deals and shares will be sold and he will be eradicated completely from Executive committees he is in.

Suspect- gone to jail for short term....He still remains part of deal ... but, POWER OF ATTORNEY
would be handed over to someone close to him.

That possible close one happens to be ,Suspect's wife
The competitor for being close to the suspect should be the victim who got killed .!!!

Witness should be the close ones to both suspect and Suspect's wife

It's lawyer suggestion to create environment to have power of attorney changed and she be the attorney general with power !!!

Private Investigator still with no proof , concludes these possibility in front of the suspect.
It's witness
and His family friend/layer
and his Wife.
All the above three are part of crime !!!

Suspect doesn't believes his rubbish theory. but , PI tells him that his wife is going to meet in jail and surely will raise the issue about POWER OF ATTORNEY , which is surely none of her business.

Last edited:
Back