Stop Motion Software

I want to start a stop motion short film. I love the medium but don't know where to start. I am looking for a good stop motion software. I don't have a Mac so that rules out the I-stopmotion, and all those types of programs. There is like a frame thing, but i heard that it was really complicated to get into. A friend told me about one called Xipster. She said that she got a demo and tried it out. She loved it, but that's just one person's review. Anyone else tried it?

not bad warm carrots. You did that with Xipster? Was it hard to use? I went to their website and checked out their demo. It looked pretty easy, and seeing what someone can make with it is pretty inspiring. The price is good too.

bird16 said:
Whatever happened to those portable processors? The whole thing was no bigger than a suitcase and you could take it right onsite?
Didn't know they exsited to be honest. I was a young teenager at the time, and was more intrested in shooting things. The films went all the way to France to be processed, which is why it took 2 weeks i guess. It did add to the excitment and sense of anticipation though, waiting for the little yellow packet to drop back through the letterbox.

Back