producing STOCK FOOTAGE

Hi all

I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this asap.

I'm searching for vintage stock footage for a music video. Can anyone recommend some good sites please?
{ Low budget preferably}

Any help advice gratefully received

Thank you

Sorry I have never used a stock footage site before.

The best contribution I can offer is that there are some old movies, such as Charade (audrey hepburn, cary grant) that are in the public domain, so you could take that movie and use a clip from it for free as stock footage.

You could try searching around for other movies that are vintage and in public domain, and maybe take some insert shots or whatever from them for free. im sure there is a better solution with a real vintage stock footage website somewhere.

Last edited:
Thank you. that is very kind of you and I appreciate your advice

I was wondering of stock footage is the right term or whether I should call it public domain or something else? might that help my search? I want to be sure any footage I might use ill be able to legally.

Thank you

Thank you. that is very kind of you and I appreciate your advice

I was wondering of stock footage is the right term or whether I should call it public domain or something else? might that help my search? I want to be sure any footage I might use ill be able to legally.

Thank you
you have the right term, youre looking for stock footage.
i was just suggesting an alternative because I don't have any experience with stock footage.

public domain = free for everyone to use legally
stock footage = you buy the rights to use it legally

Thats great, thanks.

assume all public domain ok to use commercially? (Music video)

im just double checking /seeking confirmation before I start editing

Thanks again, really appreciate your help

Back