• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

SteadyMove Premiere Pro plug-in

SteadyMove Premiere Pro plug-in

Anyone ever use it?

Im using it now for the first time. It really does smooth out the shaky shots I have. I shot in a moving car, telephoto - always bad news. Anyway, when I apply the effect, I am at 100 smoothing and 15 max correction - after being renderred, the footage is as I said remarkably smooth, but there is a random jitteriness, as if theres a glitch. HArd to explain, I know I seem to be be contradicting myself, saying "its smooth" and then saying its shaky. Hard to explain. The shakinees is not from me handling the camera - its like a video side effect. Like when you play back and old vhs tape and occaisonlly the video image jumps, not because the camera moved, but the actual video signal has a glitch. Kinda like tracking.

Anyone?

I've never used it... and I suppose it has a lot of options.

Could it be there is a setting for DropFrame vs. Non-DropFrame in the plugin, and that it is not set to match the project?

Just a guess.

Interesting. Never had the problem myself. Is this on exported video footage or the preview window? The preview window can't always handle the memory load (lots of variables) and will occasionally do that sort of thing.

in Final Cut, this is caused by the sample object moving outside the scan range which causes the image to jump back to it's original framing. I've corrected it by adding cutaways in the offending places or cutting the footage into pieces and stabilizing each of them separately then nudging them into place to match the end and start positions from clip to clip.

"Interesting. Never had the problem myself. Is this on exported video footage or the preview window? The preview window can't always handle the memory load (lots of variables) and will occasionally do that sort of thing."

Yeah, the preview. I sure as hell would not waste the time to export unless all was clear. I hope what you say is right. I'll do a test and export now just to see if it does indeed go away.

Thanks.

Back