STBD is back with a new season!

Hey everyone;

We've been offline for quite awhile, and we apologized for being out of the loop. The simple truth is, we've been working our rear ends off filming Something to Be Desired for the past 4 months.

Now we're back in season... with a twist:

New episodes every weekday.

We've been filming at a frenetic pace and now we're editing in the same way. Our goal: to deliver a new episode of STBD (3-5 minutes apiece) 5 days a week.

If you liked us before, you'll love us when we're new every day.

If you didn't like us before... well, now there's more of us to not like!

So everybody wins!

Thanks and best wishes in your own endeavors. Now that we're back in action, we hope to be around these parts a lot more often (since we're, y'know, not procrastinating or anything...).

This is some of the best news all year! :cool:

Why the decision to go back to shorter episodes? Will there be a weekly "bundle" of the five short ones, available as a larger file? DVD yet? Huh huh?

So many questions... arrgh :abduct:

Can't wait to see this current season. I'm going to have to rewatch what happened at the end of season two, first. :)

Glad to hear we've been missed. :)

A weekly "bundle" is a good idea, though not one we've actually planned for yet. If it gains popularity, or if we see a pressing need for it, we'll definitely consider making it available.

The shorter episodes are the result of the need for speed: I can't possibly edit 10 minute episodes for release every day, nor can the general public watch them that often. It'd be the equivalent of an hourlong drama, released online every week, commercial-free, and under our current "we make no money model" -- it's not practical. Plus, we'd be crushed by bandwidth costs alone the moment we became Really Really Popular.

Besides, 3-5 minutes seems like a decent coffee break length, no?

Zensteve said:
DVD yet? Huh huh?

We're at the "dueling production cost" stage right now... We're also seeking partners who may be able to front the money for the first batch. Pre-orders are likely, but at this point, we're still a few steps (viewership and income-wise) away from being able to make it a reality.

Spread the word! Once we have viewers banging down our doors, it'll be easier to justify the pressing of a glass master. :)

I bet you could raise the money for a glass master by flogging on-demand DVD-Rs for $10...
smiley_coy.gif

Zensteve said:
I bet you could raise the money for a glass master by flogging on-demand DVD-Rs for $10...
smiley_coy.gif

You're a wise man, ZenSteve... though, really, that should go without saying, given the name...

Every time I come back to this board after an absence, I have to leave leave again... but usually with good reason. This time, I was in London for the past month on business mostly unrelated to Something to Be Desired. Now I'm popping back in to re-state the cause for celebration: STBD is back (again) with all-new episodes every weekday!

With the average runtime clocking in around 5 minutes, it's a great way to spend your coffee break. Plus, we'll have the occasional bonus clip of the week -- for example, Rob Sharp's rant about overweight children -- and a handy "email to a friend" feature, which should help you spread the love...

STBD. It may not always be pretty, but it's certainly prolific...

P.S. London was beautiful and action-packed (and very expensive). If you've never been there, I highly recommend it. And if you live there, you're quite lucky.

Back