• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Speculum (horror short)

Excellent job! Loved the atmosphere, the lighting, the mood, the music. Very atmospheric. At one point it brought to mind the gothic Hammer horror films.

Very nice. Question, how did you come up with the name for your movie? Did you want it to mean Mirror in Latin?

Because you may have an embarrassing alternate meaning. I work in healthcare and a speculum is a tool that is inserted into vaginas for visual examinations. When I first saw your title I actually thought it was a spoof!

Just thought you should know. :D

Very nice. Question, how did you come up with the name for your movie? Did you want it to mean Mirror in Latin?

Because you may have an embarrassing alternate meaning. I work in healthcare and a speculum is a tool that is inserted into vaginas for visual examinations. When I first saw your title I actually thought it was a spoof!

Just thought you should know. :D

:), You know. After I made the movie, a friend of mine said the same (about the embarrassing alternate meaning) I really had no idea :P :P

And yes, the reason for the title was because of the mirror in latin thing.

:D

yes i immediately thought it was about vaginal examination as well.. and i am not in the medical field, and not even a woman…

Yeah, i should have known :(. But still, i don't know why they called it "speculum"... i mean it is mirror in latin.. So why call that thing a speculum :)

But anyway, I'll never forget the word now :)

This was nice. The colouring was pretty well done. The camera movements worked well.

However, I found some of it to be a bit slow; perhaps some of the scenes with the character just looking around the room could have been cut a little finer.

All-in-all, you've done a good job!

I think it's good too! I agree that the editing can be tighter but that's it, good job! Was it shot in Europe by any chance?

Hey, thank you! you are probable right about the editing. But for my it felt like i had to do it slow for some of the atmosphere. Well, on that moment I had that feeling.

Yes it is! In Diest (Belgium)

Back