• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Sound Effects.

I am looking for good quality sound effects
-Guns
-Explosions
-Debris

Stuff for an action movie!

I know good quality isn't free, but if there is good quality for free, link me up! But if there are any packs or anything I could possibly obtain with torrents or downloads (Yes I am cheap).

I was thinking about putting this in the music section, but It's not music... so yeah!

Thanks in advanced :)

Last edited:
anything I could possibly obtain with torrents or downloads (Yes I am cheap).

Noone's going to be linking any illegally-sourced SFX packs here. Just sayin'. :hmm:

However, there's a growing selection of Creative Commons materials at FreeSound.org, which has been handy. Not quite public domain, but with very agreeable terms for use. (Usually a "thank you" in the film credits)

:)

Debris is, by definition, stuff flying about hitting stuff. Surely you can get that pretty authentic sounding? I've heard that the best glass breaking sound comes from just breaking glass.

A bit of homemade foley never did anyone any harm.

You can buy by-the-sound at SoundDogs.

As mentioned FreeSound.org is a good resource.

Just Google "Free Sound Effects". There will be thousands of them. There is some really good stuff if you are willing to take the time to download it all and then weed through it, literally hundreds of hours worth - mostly crap, some good and a few diamonds in the cesspool.

You can buy a pack called Action Essentials. The pack is made by Andrew Kramer.

The pack contains loads of sound effects and music. Give it a shot because a lot of low budget film makers use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back