Sony Launches F65 CineAlta Camera and Unveils End-to-End 4K Workflow for Digital Cine

Wow! Rental houses will be rockin'.

Before a select audience of American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) members, press and high-profile industry professionals, Sony screened new F65 footage shot by leading DPs, demonstrated new features and announced its roll-out plan for the revolutionary camera, including availability and a surprisingly accessible price of just $65,000 (with viewfinder).

The F65 derives true 4K resolution – and beyond – at the point of image capture. "4K" resolution is 4096 x 2160, which is more than four times greater than the full HD (1920x1080) spec. Its unique 8K image sensor, with approximately 20 total megapixels, offers higher image fidelity than any other digital cinema production camera. With 16-bit Linear RAW File output capability, the F65 creates the gateway to an end-to-end 4K file-based mastering workflow.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...low-for-digital-cinematography-129346818.html

This is just a blurb of the article, it's pretty interesting.

, demonstrated new features and announced its roll-out plan for the revolutionary camera, including availability and a surprisingly accessible price of just $65,000 (with viewfinder).

Only 65 grand? Wow, I'm gonna buy around 8 of them. So cheap!! I wonder if it will work on my Weifeng tripod I got off ebay for $99...

Only 65 grand? Wow, I'm gonna buy around 8 of them. So cheap!! I wonder if it will work on my Weifeng tripod I got off ebay for $99...

Hey, man, that's why I mentioned the rental aspect. :cool:

This camera is about at the same price point of the Arri Alexa, but totally kicks butt. Did we take an oath to shoot on GH2's for eternity or something? ;)

Onward, Brian, and I might let you be 1st assistant if you're nice to me. :P

Lol, not to derail the thread but any progress on the project? Feel free to email me abt it if there are any updates.

Back to the topic: I wish i had that camera!

I talked to the subject tonight. All is peachy.

Back on topic: I'm a whore for cinematography, but I direct when there is nobody better around. DirectorVader doesn't live here. :lol:

I wish Keaton would get other roles than just playing the police chief in The Other Guys.

The guy is great and everyone knew it pre 2000. Whatever happened after that...?

Last edited:
I wish Keaton would get other roles than just playing the police chief in The Other Guys.

The guy is great and everyone knew pre 2000. Whatever happened after that...?

I have no clue. I think he rejected comedy in an effort to be the best Batman EVER...not knowing he would be the first in a long line.

Johnny Dangerously deserves it's own thread, don't you think?

The guy is great and everyone knew it pre 2000. Whatever happened after that...?

I have no clue. I think he rejected comedy in an effort to be the best Batman EVER...not knowing he would be the first in a long line.

Johnny Dangerously deserves it's own thread, don't you think?

Agree.

And for me, he is the best Batman, not to mention his other roles.

He's so underrated. Unique actor.

I agree completely. I wonder how much it would cost to hire him for a project....

Back