Somewhat Newbie Screenwriter/Director

Hello, all! I'd credit the person who referred me to this board, but I don't think they're actually a member here. IndieTalk was suggested to me by a member of the AbsoluteWrite board, where I go to discuss writing my screenplays and short stories. I'd "directed" short films with my friends when I was little, and I'd been considering directing my upcoming short film. But then it occurred to me: Jacob, you don't know how to direct.

Sadly, this is true; I don't know how to direct (or how to do it well, anyway). So here I am! I've scrolled through some of these older threads, and they ooze of information and prowess. I can't wait to dive in head-first, and, then, get to filming my soon-to-be-completed screenplay.

I hope I'm something of a helpful member of the board, and everything goes swell. Can't wait to meet some of you! :D

Hello, all! I'd credit the person who referred me to this board, but I don't think they're actually a member here. IndieTalk was suggested to me by a member of the AbsoluteWrite board, where I go to discuss writing my screenplays and short stories. I'd "directed" short films with my friends when I was little, and I'd been considering directing my upcoming short film. But then it occurred to me: Jacob, you don't know how to direct.

Sadly, this is true; I don't know how to direct (or how to do it well, anyway). So here I am! I've scrolled through some of these older threads, and they ooze of information and prowess. I can't wait to dive in head-first, and, then, get to filming my soon-to-be-completed screenplay.

I hope I'm something of a helpful member of the board, and everything goes swell. Can't wait to meet some of you! :D

Welcome Jacob! I hope you enjoy your stay here at Indietalk. I'm also a bit new as well, and so far the users here have been great.

Back