• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Some screenshots from my first feature..

Thank you so much guys!! I decided to go ahead and make a feature simply cause "waiting for the right moment" is just an excuse and frankly for me, it would have never come. But I was aware that while making this film, I will make tons of mistakes and believe me I did. However it also means i just took a crash course towards making better future movies which is all i wanted.
After finishing the shoot, those fears were again coming back and I needed some positive reinforcement which you guys provided so im eternally grateful to all of you. :D

As far as the story is concerned, its a closed room murder mystery done film noir style where 3 detectives are brought in to solve the crime. The story is of one night of investigation. However there is a curse going around about the place and it does seem like the murder (which seems impossible to be solved) is a result of it.
Will explain better once the edit is done.lol

Can you please let me know one thing- my footage is all shot in 50i 1080i AVCHD format.. Should I deinterlace the entire thing and make it 24p before beginning the edit?

Many thanks

Wow! The concept and the photos make me want to see it! Sounds like a good film!

Thank you so much guys!! I decided to go ahead and make a feature simply cause "waiting for the right moment" is just an excuse and frankly for me, it would have never come. But I was aware that while making this film, I will make tons of mistakes and believe me I did. However it also means i just took a crash course towards making better future movies which is all i wanted.
After finishing the shoot, those fears were again coming back and I needed some positive reinforcement which you guys provided so im eternally grateful to all of you. :D

As far as the story is concerned, its a closed room murder mystery done film noir style where 3 detectives are brought in to solve the crime. The story is of one night of investigation. However there is a curse going around about the place and it does seem like the murder (which seems impossible to be solved) is a result of it.
Will explain better once the edit is done.lol

Can you please let me know one thing- my footage is all shot in 50i 1080i AVCHD format.. Should I deinterlace the entire thing and make it 24p before beginning the edit?

Many thanks

Many thanks guys... Currently editing.. Dialogues couldnt be recorded as the house had no power so we had to use a generator..after preparing the rough will have to do ADR which is going to be my first time doing it as well.. :)

Looks great, my compliments to the chef... I mean, DP.

"I can't remember the last time I gave my compliments to the DP, and now I am in the extraordinary position of having my grip be the DP!"

"Oh no, sir, I'm just your grip for today."

"Then who do I thank for the shot?"

"If you want to meet the DP, you will have to wait until all the other extras have gone."

The noir look is very authentic! I watch a lot of noir movies and you'd be hard pushed to tell that wasn't an original. Good work sir, looking forward to seeing it develop!

Back