Some celebrity input

Well, I'm not sure if they are considered "celebrities" or not, but Tim and Eric, the comic duo who brought you Adult Swim's "Tom Goes to the Mayor", gave me some third party insight on The Mustache Chronicles.

They had this to say:

"Really nice site, but mustache and fag jokes are pretty played out."
-Tim and Eric

Sort of a mixed one sentence review. I realize that mustache jokes are played out a lot, but it's a classic genre. How can a filmmaker avoid doing a mustache film at least once?! Oh well.

Well... Charles Chaplin had a certain fuzzy thing hangin' beneath his nose for his entire career.

While it was reassuring in some ways to see that familiar face in film after film, it was the constant changes in stories and plots that kept him interesting. It's not so much the focus on the physical character... but the situations that the character found himself in, looking the way he did. :)

Look at "Monsieur Verdoux" as an example. Not quite what most would associate with our 'stached hero, but an excellent film nonetheless. Who knew the Tramp was capable of... well... you know.
Mass murder
;)

There's more to your McFaggle character that you might explore... I've seen several hints in the series for directions to go... follow up on the potential stories and fully flesh the character out. I think you can take McFaggle far, Logan :)

LOGAN L Productions said:
I realize that mustache jokes are played out a lot, but it's a classic genre. How can a filmmaker avoid doing a mustache film at least once?! Oh well.
You know that was sarcastic right?

Yeah, I'm fully aware of the series' faults. I know it's nonsensical, plotless, and wierd, but that's just the way it is. It was never made to be in festivals or anything (except episode 1). Hopefully my next short (after episode 4)will show that I can make better films with better stories!

...when you mention Tim and Eric go to the mayor, and adult swim....did I hear about these guys on Henry's Corner on IFC? I don't really watch adult swim, so it wouldn't make sense to me that I recognize these guys...? maybe they got a mention....

--spinner

Does anyone here (besides me) watch Adult Swim religiously? I've seen "Tom Goes to the Mayor", and to be honest it's the only show I don't care much for. It's NOT a bad show, it's just not my type of entertainment.

I'm a big fan of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" (fav), "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law" and "Venture Brothers".

I actually REALLY like Tom Goes to the Mayor, so it was a thrill when they contacted me (even if they didn't care for my web series). It's rare to find the unique sense of humor that they have.

Unfortunately, when I told everyone that those guys contacted me, no one knew what the Hell I was talking about, haha. It's sort of an obscure, cultish show. I usually don't like strange stuff on TV, but TGTTM cracks me up.

...Spinner - To be honest, I looked it up, and that show is the only thing those guys have ever really done that's even remotely famous. They used to submit to Channel 101 in Hollywood, but their little short films never got any votes...so...yeah.

mrde50 said:
I'm a big fan of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" (fav), "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law" and "Venture Brothers".

If you like those shows... try downloading a few episodes of "Sealab 2021". I GUARANTEE you won't be disappointed.

first 'celeb' to review my stuff told me that anti-semitism could never be made funny. second pretty much told me the opposite. its not them that count, its the people out there - and if these kind of celebs knew what got peoples juices flowing - they wouldn't be reviewing sites.go figure/fish/something.ts

EDIT: it was a stand up aimed at illustrating silly racist ideas, as in the area (the north east of England) at the time tabloids were stirring up immigration fears - and we weren't happy. in no way do i support anti-semitism.

That's really cool! How did Tim and Eric find come across your short?

I had to watch Tom Goes to Mayor a few times before I really started to like it. My favorite Adult Swim show is still Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I don't want to tell you here how I contacted them (or even how I got their contact info), because they may not be too happy with me if a lot of people started contacting them. All I'll tell you is that it was legit and simple.

I love Aqua Team, but always thought Sealab was sort of stupid and boring...not sure why.

LOGAN L Productions said:
I don't want to tell you here how I contacted them (or even how I got their contact info), because they may not be too happy with me if a lot of people started contacting them. All I'll tell you is that it was legit and simple.

match.com?

Back