Socially Conscious Filmmakers where are they??

I have a script, based on a true story, ready to be reviewed, and potentially be produced. Does anyone know how and who to contact as far as Socially Conscious Filmmakers? Any names, companies, etc?

I would love to make the film myself, but given the lack of all the resources, I am not in a position to make it. I dont want to give my script out to just any production company; I want this to be made with the passion, and by a company who has a reputation of making such films.

Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Can you list a few movies that you consider socially conscious - that will help
me to point you in the right direction.

Maybe you could hunt for companies that take an interest in the specific issue your story addresses, e.g., an environmental group, a women's group, a tolerance/peace group, etc.

I have heard of a lot of places giving out grants to films about social consciousness themes; unfortunately, though, they seem to come with about a zillion stipulations attached, and seem to get given out to documentaries a lot more often.

Don't give up, though; never give up!

I was actually inspired by two films by the same director: Man Push Cart, and Chop Shop by Ramin Bahrani. I actually contacted him but he told me he was already working on a new project. Now, I dont know who else to contact. Speaking of the groups advocating the issue my potential film revolves around, I have already started looking for such groups. Google didnt help much on finding such advocacy organizations, but I am still trying. No, I am not going to give up, I have already put efforts into coming up with the script. This is one of my passions, and I will push it to the limits!

thanks again.

Back