Social Brain Wave: News

Ray, you and Metal have have been keeping us going through the content drought. I have content on the way. I had to actually get a union deal to do it, but I will have one or two episodes of my comedy shot Feb. 16th.

I will release them a week apart if they are shot together. I should also have a couple other shorts to debut after that. Perhaps one as early as the weekend of the Shoot.

I'm thinking of making a video to introduce the group, if you guys are still up for it.
I'd need some footage from each of you (who is interested) that represents what you do. It can be several different clips but don't exceed 20 seconds total. That and a description.
I won't use your words, I'll present it my way but I'd be happy for the video to go on the SBW channel too.

I'll put it together 6 days from now so you have until next weekend to get information and content to me. Plus I'll put my music in the background where necessary.
P.S. I have a pretty cool voice I've been told, so use it this opportunity. ;)

Great idea.
Looks like it's just us two and IcbaP within that 6 day window, unless McKinise can pull his comedy short together PDQ.

I think Lucky's up to his eyeballs busy with a greater project.
Dunno what anybody else is up to.

I have to say, comming up with weekly content is kinduva buggabear of a commitment!
What I'm doing isn't all that earth shattering and I can easily find more than a few other ways to divide my attention.
But maybe it's mostly due to the holidays, sick family members, and generally disincentivizing cold weather.

Kudo's to peeps that can produce consistent content while developing their following. :yes:

My "content" is a natural thing for me because I consistently make music anyway. This is just another outlet for me. Before doing Youtube I was doing this on SoundCloud - I've got over 800 followers on SC that I've gathered over my 2 years there, mostly just by being active and taking part in the community (commenting on other people's work, providing feedback etc).

I am dogged by the same problems as Ray, but still committed to the goal. I have had a ton of setbacks and some added projects that are interfering with my weekly content. Bi-weekly seems more doable... 20-seconds in 6 days, how could that not get done? LOL. Thanks MR, glad your are willing to put this together.

Also, seeing as many of the people who originally wanted to take part have now left, what would you say if I invited a few new people who don't necessarily do "film" related things but creative things in general such as art and games?
What about an indie game reviewer + writer, and an artist who does time-lapse drawings and drawing tutorials for example? (I have 2 in mind already)
+ Who owns the Youtube channel? Could they provide us with the login information via PM please?

Also, seeing as many of the people who originally wanted to take part have now left, what would you say if I invited a few new people who don't necessarily do "film" related things but creative things in general such as art and games?
What about an indie game reviewer + writer, and an artist who does time-lapse drawings and drawing tutorials for example? (I have 2 in mind already)
+ Who owns the Youtube channel? Could they provide us with the login information via PM please?
I wouldn't go so far as to say they've left, so much as they've likely been bogged down with much of the same issues: life in general, greater priorities, etc.

Yeah, I'm game for any and all other "content providers."

The fundamental principle remains the same:
"a group of us are
helping promote the works of the individual members to
a level that is beyond what could be done alone."

I've seen too many projects fall through due to "leadership" of uncompromising purists.
Although this originally started out as YT-centric project oriented towards filmmakers I'm game for a broader scope since the core intent is ACTUALLY to develop our marketing skills.

Gopherit!
And "Thank you" for broadening the scope.

I'm still in. As rayw said, I'm balls deep in three much larger projects at the moment. I have two quick and easy clips that I want to shoot which wouldn't require much editing at all. They are comparisons of Canon's entry level 50mm and 85mm lenses VS L glass in the same focal lengths. I have a "Nifty 50" and the 50mm f1.2L as well as the 85mm f1.8 II and the 85mm f1.2L II. I will shoot a heads up comparison and determine if the cost difference of $1500.00 each is really worth it. Spoiler alert: it is to me. I'm just trying to decide what I will shoot with the lenses to compare them.

I'm still in. As rayw said, I'm balls deep in three much larger projects at the moment. I have two quick and easy clips that I want to shoot which wouldn't require much editing at all. They are comparisons of Canon's entry level 50mm and 85mm lenses VS L glass in the same focal lengths. I have a "Nifty 50" and the 50mm f1.2L as well as the 85mm f1.8 II and the 85mm f1.2L II. I will shoot a heads up comparison and determine if the cost difference of $1500.00 each is really worth it. Spoiler alert: it is to me. I'm just trying to decide what I will shoot with the lenses to compare them.

I'm interested in the outcome. Looking to ditch the kit lenses and go for some clean glass asap. The nifty fifty is the best I've used so far. Anything in the wide angle spectrum to compare? Would like the visuals on those too...

I shoot 2 webisodes tomorrow. Man, this is slow going. Hopefully I have content for you to view in the next week. We will be shooting every couple weeks, so content is on the way.

I shoot 2 webisodes tomorrow. Man, this is slow going. Hopefully I have content for you to view in the next week. We will be shooting every couple weeks, so content is on the way.
:lol:
It ain't easy, is it?!

Without some financial incentive to force you to set aside at least a couple hours a week it's kinda difficult to short-change other aspects of normal life. :)

Respect given.

Yep, no pressure, I'll continue as I have for the past year and try to upload a new track every week. Some times I miss a week or I publish a day late because I wanted to polish a song, but I've been pretty good at it so far. I can do that video I talked about in a couple of weeks.
Your videos are different in that I can do all my work from home and in my own time. :)

Once again thank you sir... I usually post on here from work, or from home after quiet hours in the house... stinkin' kids. That's typically when I get time to record or edit too. This week/month was unusually busy (thank goodness) since I think peoples tax refunds are letting get their cars repaired now. I have lots of plans still, just interrupted by "life"these past few months.

Back