So what did you do this week? (ending 01/28/07)

Fairly simple question, really.

What did you do this week, relating to the craft of filmmaking?

Give me a long answer, or a short answer... it doesn't matter. You want to be a filmmaker; you must have done something.

Read a book? Shot a scene? Updated your filmmaker website? Bought a new casting couch?
smiley_pac.gif

What are you doing right now that has furthered your skill(s)?

I'm editing on a DV feature for someone else, prepping the edit for a 16mm feature by someone else, and also editing on 17 hours of behind the scenes footage for an HD feature. Plus, I wrote an article for FILM THREAT and MOVIESONLINE. I worked on a script for a feature I intend to shoot this year (HD) and tweaked another script for a feature I'll direct this August.

The Boo keeps his self busy.

I'm editing a several hours of footage into a DVD for the local marching band. Hardly glamorous work but hey.... I'd rather be doing this than working as a dentist!

I spent the entire week investigating the optimal configuration for editing with FCP on a Mac.

I visited the local Mac Store in Tampa just this morning and got to edit all the HD footage I wanted on their demo units. I'm hooked on the Macbook Pro 17in.

Spending a week configuring almost all their models to get just the right performance per dollar ratio was well worth it.

Back