Sky HD vs Freeview HD

Hi all!

Ok so this is more or less for UK based people, has anyone recently left, or thinking of leaving, Sky for Freeview HD?

So we don't get Freeview HD until August this year - I'm just trying to weigh up the pro's and con's for staying with these monopolising giants and maybe just going for freeview.

My reason is this... my Sky package (inc. phone line, internet) currently costs me £60 a month at the moment, without HD. Apart from Sky Sports, I don't really get much use out of anything else. Also, annoyingly, because we live in an apartment we only get a single feed, so we don't get to record and watch alternate channels concurrently - something which we weren't informed about when we signed up.

I'm tempted to go down the 'threaten to leave' route in the hope of them offering some too good to refuse package - surely Sky are prepared for many potential customers doing this? ... with the offer of Freeview HD coming later this year (http://www.freeview.co.uk/)

Has anyone else had similar thoughts or been offered any incentive to stay with them?

Cheers :cool:

Freaking MAD DOGS 2, that's why you should stay.

But the Mad Dogs 1 DVD was out within days of the series ending, so you'll be okay.

(I don't live in the UK so don't really have an opinion, other than Mad Dogs was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.)

Freaking MAD DOGS 2, that's why you should stay.

But the Mad Dogs 1 DVD was out within days of the series ending, so you'll be okay.

(I don't live in the UK so don't really have an opinion, other than Mad Dogs was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.)

:)

Thing is with Sky, is each customer can register up to 4 computers to stream (all channels) live online. So say, my brother, who's also got Sky but has no need to register all 4 - I can just use one of these, and register my own computer - despite living at other ends of the country! Its apparently, from what I've read, perfectly legit to do this - seems to me like Sky have shot themselves in the foot with it, but hey, I'm not complaining!

Sky is awesome for 3 things, however... Sport, movies and Bear Grylls!!!

Normally I can figure a proxy server to view streaming content from the UK (that's how I was able to see Ashes to Ashes Season III), but I never could with Sky's player. That 4 computer registry seems odd, but if it works, take it!

Back